• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

MAJOR WIRING PROBLEMS DUE TO SUN ROOF LEAK

vfogerson2me

Buick Ownership
Buick LaCrosse
I am curious to know if there has been a recall of sorts for any 2011 Buick Lacrosse models for the sun roof leaks. I didn't even know mine was leaking until I started having all types of freak messages from my electronic system. My car has had a sheltered life so I was shocked that the mechanic nailed it down to the leak in the sun roof and all the damage it did to the inside door panel electronics and beyond. Right now I am looking at a $5500.00 bill to fix it. Help!

Bonze72

Buick Ownership
Lesabre
I am curious to know if there has been a recall of sorts for any 2011 Buick Lacrosse models for the sun roof leaks. I didn't even know mine was leaking until I started having all types of freak messages from my electronic system. My car has had a sheltered life so I was shocked that the mechanic nailed it down to the leak in the sun roof and all the damage it did to the inside door panel electronics and beyond. Right now I am looking at a $5500.00 bill to fix it. Help!
That sounds a way to much fo repair it unless it completely flooded it what all is going on with it ?

G-901336

That sounds a way to much fo repair it unless it completely flooded it what all is going on with it ?
Engine light comes on reduced engine power dash lights up and gives false messages no acceleration. No it’s never been under water...complete is wiring harness is shot.

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
You know though the door(s) is/are completely sealed off from the rest of the car. Wiring in rubber conduits, sounds more like a corroded/shorted harness connection for the sunroof acc. up in the overhead. Just unplug it if possible to get to. All those areas are hollow including the roof and windshield support. I.e. also are the drain holes in the jacking rib underneath the car even. Allows any rain/moisture to exit shell. Yes, they can plug up. Dedicated fuse for sunroof? Remove, whatever’s decided upon.

Also safest place to be is in car during lightening storms, hollow metal shell. Certainly not the tires insulating......

Last edited:

Bonze72

Buick Ownership
Lesabre
Engine light comes on reduced engine power dash lights up and gives false messages no acceleration. No it’s never been under water...complete is wiring harness is shot.
I don’t know your location but I’ve repaired a few harnesses and replaced a few I’d most definitely get a second opinion. Was the leak just on one side of the vehicle

Regal LTD Coupe

Buick Ownership
1993 Buick Regal Limited coupe 3800 (1991 Cadillac Fleetwood coupe 4.9 & 1990 Lincoln LSC SE 5.0 HO)
$5500 forget it. Do you have any idea what kind of entire cars you can find for that kind of money!?

Pedal Commander