Mapping Ability?

Thread starter #1

dhood23

Buick Ownership
Envision
I recently purchased a used 2016 Premium I Envision. I'd love to have some sort of mapping ability in the vehicle (besides my phone - google maps or waze) and apparently I can't do that unless I purchase an OnStar contract. Does anyone else have an alternative?

Thread starter #3

dhood23

Buick Ownership
Envision
I was afraid of that. Don't know why something like GPS wouldn't be part of the normal functionality in a premium vehicle. I may check out OnStar for a couple of months just to see if it even works like I expect.

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OHIO
Buick Ownership
Turbo Envision
NAV is included on Premium ll. Things like articulating HID that also high/low bran adapt, heads up display, cooled seats...are things the Premium doesnt have.

Thread starter #5

dhood23

Buick Ownership
Envision
Yeah. I went ahead and activated a free trial of OnStar. I tried the mapping (turn-by-turn) they provide. I am NOT impressed. My phone does a much better job with Waze or Google Maps.

Bigdog48

Buick Newbie
Nags Head, NC
Buick Ownership
Buick Envision
2017 Envisions and later model years have Apple CarPlay and the Android equivalent which allow your phone to be used for navigation through the screen on your dash. It is much better guidance than OnStar's version.

Thread starter #7

dhood23

Buick Ownership
Envision
Yeah, the 2016s don't have that capability. I'm looking at alternatives. It's kind of sad that it can't be remedied with a software update.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.