• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Me and my R/C

JoeBlog

Buick Newbie
Wichita
Buick Ownership
1967 Wildcat Convertible, 2019 Regal TourX Essence
DC3D82FB-CCF6-4DC1-ABAC-A22793B564ED.jpeg 437D55A9-8399-47DD-AF28-54C1581841FB.jpeg
This is my reward to myself for getting well enough that I no longer need routine chemo (for now). It’s a 1/10 scale, 4 wheel drive R/C car that I was able to score an Insignia Sports Tourer body for. Since nobody makes a Buick body, I went back to the roots of the TourX; no cladding, and I can change the wheels to anything I want. These were modified on my Sherline 4400 series mini-lathe, and I’ve got a couple more sets to experiment with. Oh, this little “toy” will hit 65 ACTUAL mph out of the box, with room for more if I want. If I keep getting better, I’m gonna have a fleet of these things.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
First of all, glad to hear your health is improving. Hopefully chemo is behind you now.

Second, at first I didn't read the thread title and was confused as to why/how the scale looked so off in the picture. That does look like a pretty cool toy. I thought about getting one for my son but I was worried about how smooth the surface needs to be for these to work well. So any insight to suitability of using this on a typical residential street would help.

Last edited:

JoeBlog

Buick Newbie
Wichita
Buick Ownership
First of all, glad to hear your health is improving. Hopefully chemo is behind you now.

Second, at first I didn't read the thread title and was confused as to why/how the scale looked so off in the picture. That does look like a pretty cool you. I thought about getting one for my son but I was worried about how smooth the surface needs to be for these to work well. So any insight to suitability of using this on a typical residential street would help.
These things are brutally fast. It’s a Traxxas 4-tec 2.0 VXL brushless system. The tires are speed rated for this chassis (you don’t get a body with it; it’s separate). On my concrete paved street, it’ll hook up and launch faster than you’re ready for it. There are other models that aren’t as fast, and are set up for beginners. You can still upgrade the suspension and drive lines with mods that can imitate real life setups with extreme accuracy. Find out where his interests lie and get on the website. Traxxas has a great reputation and an online user forum that’s pretty impressive.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Where do you buy something like that!? Bet it is 1/10 the cost of the 1/1/ scale version!
Life is precious, enjoy!

JoeBlog

Buick Newbie
Wichita
Buick Ownership
Where do you buy something like that!? Bet it is 1/10 the cost of the 1/1/ scale version!
Life is precious, enjoy!
I bought the chassis from Traxxas online. Around $400 before batteries and charger. The body was pure luck; I found a Regal GS body, and figured that was as close as I’d get to a TourX. After I got it, I saw he had ONE body of the Insignia Sports Tourer left, and I didn’t need coaxing to buy it. It’s a website, www.racersparadise.de and it’s all in German. I just guessed where to hit “buy it now” and got lucky. It was $75.00 US to get it to my door. Worth every cent.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Glad to hear you are improving on your health. Chemo is very painful.

Even happier for you to be able to find that body shell. Looks like it is out for now. (I have plenty of Tamiya RC chassis to just swap the body onto)

Get your turbo buick badge right here!