• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Memory seats 2016 LaCrosse

HHYJ1H

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse
when one fob is used to set seats for the main driver and the other driver uses their fob that has also been programmed, should the memory seat recognize which fob is being used to start the vehicle and take the seats and mirrors to that position depending on which fob is used.?

myredcar

CT
Buick Ownership
2015 Lacrosse Leather 3.6
when one fob is used to set seats for the main driver and the other driver uses their fob that has also been programmed, should the memory seat recognize which fob is being used to start the vehicle and take the seats and mirrors to that position depending on which fob is used.?
Yes, this is the whole point of the memory settings. First, this needs to be turned on in the personal settings "auto Memory Recall". See p. 142 of your manual. The trick is to figure out which FOB is Driver 1 and which is Driver 2. For me, that took a little trial and error.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
I missed it ,page 139 and 141 in the 2016 manual

Last edited:

HHYJ1H

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse
Yes, this is the whole point of the memory settings. First, this needs to be turned on in the personal settings "auto Memory Recall". See p. 142 of your manual. The trick is to figure out which FOB is Driver 1 and which is Driver 2. For me, that took a little trial and error.

HHYJ1H

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse
Had it to the dealer twice, still not resolved. After I try to start the car after my wife uses her keys, I am taken to her position when I hit the button. And it says I am using #2 key while I have my #1 key in my hand. Back to the dealer tomorrow to try to reset the system . thanks for the reply .

myredcar

CT
Buick Ownership
Had it to the dealer twice, still not resolved. After I try to start the car after my wife uses her keys, I am taken to her position when I hit the button. And it says I am using #2 key while I have my #1 key in my hand. Back to the dealer tomorrow to try to reset the system . thanks for the reply .
We are also frustrated with the way the seat memory works (or not). One thing that seems to matter is whether the last driver left the car locked. We have noticed that seems to make a difference. Seems that the locking and unlocking is what triggers the FOB ID. If you dont lock the car when you leave it will retain the last FOB used and not recognze another FOB for the settings. See if that takes care of it.

HHYJ1H

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse
sounds reasonable, I will try that . Thanks.

HHYJ1H

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse
We are also frustrated with the way the seat memory works (or not). One thing that seems to matter is whether the last driver left the car locked. We have noticed that seems to make a difference. Seems that the locking and unlocking is what triggers the FOB ID. If you dont lock the car when you leave it will retain the last FOB used and not recognze another FOB for the settings. See if that takes care of it.
I did try locking the car and it seems to solve the problem. Strange they did not mention this in the manual, but that is GM I guess. Thanks for the tip, even the service manager did not know this when I took it back today. I wanted them to find out why the radio stayed on for at least an hour after I washed the car and turned it off. I thought the 10 minute safeguard would have shut it dow.

myredcar

CT
Buick Ownership
I did try locking the car and it seems to solve the problem. Strange they did not mention this in the manual, but that is GM I guess. Thanks for the tip, even the service manager did not know this when I took it back today. I wanted them to find out why the radio stayed on for at least an hour after I washed the car and turned it off. I thought the 10 minute safeguard would have shut it dow.
There is plenty I am finding that is not in the manual. Trouble is that it's my wife's car which means either she ignores stuff or I hear about it incessantly. The radio not turning off was another one. She was complaining that it came on whenever she started the car even if she had turned it off before shutting down. Turns out that turning off the radio requires a press and long hold (like 3-5secs). Otherwise, it's just muted. Also, needed to disable the auto-volume option in the preferences. Really? Just to turn off the radio? Regarding the radio staying on after you leave the car, that is not right. There is retained accessory power for up to 10 mins. but, that should cancel if you open any door. If it does not, then you have something wrong.

HHYJ1H

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse
Even the mechanic who did my service today can not explain the radio, it only happened once, but that is one too many.

Turbo Buick Badge