• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Michelin PSS tires 235/50-18 for ~$95ea

Hunter Mike

America’s Dairyland
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX Effluence
Just found Discount Tire Direct has the discontinued size for the TourX for $114 each. There a $70 rebate through today! And another rebate up to $50 if you have a DTD credit card.

I ordered 4 for my new TourX and paid $481 with tax shipped to me. $70 rebate from Michelin and $30 by using their CC, as I’m an existing cardholder.

Not bad for a summer performance tire that’s usually over $200 each. I think I’ll be able to use them this year for a couple months before the snow.

Linky

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Aaargh!

I have 20' of tire rack all filled with snow tires, performance tires, etc.. I figure I would not need them for 2 or 3 years. something else will come up. PLus I have bought 3 sets of tires this year. I can't talk myself into it.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I love Tire Rack, but make sure to check the manufacture date when you receive the tires. I’m always wary of discounted prices.
+20' of tire rack literally filled with tires and rims plus my spare tractor in a shed is buried under the Nokians I just bought for my wife's car.

Hunter Mike

America’s Dairyland
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX Effluence
I have to say the tires are a nice improvement over the stock Conti’s. The steering is instantaneous and the ride is still compliant. Looking at the specs the PSS is five pounds lighter than the ContiSilent! The car lost 20# of rotational mass.

I’ve been playing with tire pressures and am at 35 now. EU eco pressure is 39 but the bumps get a little firm, same with stock. US recommended 32 is too soft.

Today is a flash sale for the same $100 off, but instantly now. I’m tempted to stash another set. The DOT’s on mine show end of 2017 manufacturing.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I have to say the tires are a nice improvement over the stock Conti’s. The steering is instantaneous and the ride is still compliant. Looking at the specs the PSS is five pounds lighter than the ContiSilent! The car lost 20# of rotational mass.

I’ve been playing with tire pressures and am at 35 now. EU eco pressure is 39 but the bumps get a little firm, same with stock. US recommended 32 is too soft.

Today is a flash sale for the same $100 off, but instantly now. I’m tempted to stash another set. The DOT’s on mine show end of 2017 manufacturing.
I checked the Link below you supplied.
Linky
They are $114. Nothing about another $100 off?

If the Price was $89 with shipping, I guess I'd be in.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
I checked the Link below you supplied.
Linky
They are $114. Nothing about another $100 off?

If the Price was $89 with shipping, I guess I'd be in.
$100 off happens when you add to cart. They are $114 for me as well.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I would pick up a set of these but I would first need a set of dedicated snows. Also wonder if the slight increase in performance is worth the relatively low wear out warranty of 30k. I never seem to get anywhere near the ratings so I figure these would only be a good for a year. There are some all season tires that have similar performance and 50-60k wear out...though they are quite a bit more. I guess it comes down to if you have/need snows and how often you are comfortable swapping these out.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
I would pick up a set of these but I would first need a set of dedicated snows. Also wonder if the slight increase in performance is worth the relatively low wear out warranty of 30k. I never seem to get anywhere near the ratings so I figure these would only be a good for a year. There are some all season tires that have similar performance and 50-60k wear out...though they are quite a bit more. I guess it comes down to if you have/need snows and how often you are comfortable swapping these out.
+1

I have dedicated snow tires/wheels, but I'd still hesitate to get these as they aren't as long lasting. The price draws me in, but since it isn't my hot track car, I'd want something that would last longer for all the road trips I do.

It is a great tire for an excellent price, though!

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I will actually get about 25,000 miles out of the Continental Extremecontact Sports on my Cobra. I have not tracked these, and am seeing about double the life of other summer tires I've had. I hope the Michlins last about the same or better on the Tour X. But now I need winter rubber & rims.
I have a guy looking for Chevy/ Caddy, or Buick used rims that will fit.

That lawn mower shed will smell like a tire warehouse. My rack in the equipment building is full and I will have 9 tires in the shed, plus I want to get 4 more Continental Extremecontact Sports for my Cobra. I must have 2 dozen new unmounted tires. Crazy, but $89/tire was just too tempting!

Hunter Mike, Thanks for the posting. Bought based on your recommendation.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Anyone looking to sell a set of 4 TourX OEM rims in the New England area, feel free to contact me

Thanks

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence

Attachments

Hunter Mike

America’s Dairyland
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX Effluence