• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Most Interesting, Oddest, Most Quotable things that people have said to you about your TourX?

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
"It's a Dad Car" - my wife.

"I didn't know anybody still made wagons" - Dave (family friend and truck guy to the core)

"Is that 'space car' yours?" - Liz, math teacher (she meant that it was futuristic looking?) :unsure:

"That's a Buick? I drive a Buick." - Same Liz, has an Enclave

"That's a very elegant automobile" - Grant, School Counselor

"Damn..." - Brother-in-law

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia (with a Buick radio)
"Is that one of ours?" - Service manager at the dealership I purchased it from when I took it in to have the new fobs programmed.
P1000199.JPG

Sorry, it isn't actually a Tour-X...

JoeBlog

Buick Newbie
Wichita
Buick Ownership
1967 Wildcat Convertible, 2019 Regal TourX Essence
Mines been called “The Batmobile” by the grandkids (Ebony twilight with darkest legal tint on all windows) or “The Black Pearl” by a woman at the grocery store. Like everyone else, I get “what kind of SUV is that?’ once a week or so.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
So far I have been asked if it was a BMW, an Audi and an Alfa. But only one of those people I would have expected to be car people.

I did have one random guy come to me at a gas station that kind of knew what it was and thought it was cool but I don't think he ever saw one.

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
There's many. I love it. Here's a few...

After walking by and staring, the person doubles back and asks, "What is that thing"

Good friend, car person, upon looking at photo of my new TourX from the side "is that an Audi?"

my brother, a car guy,, visiting from out West, who recently bought a vehicle as he and his wife are recently retired "wish I woulda bought one of those"

my kids "you did it!, that car is you"

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
"That's the sharpest car I ever seen" - my colleague.
"Is this Buick?????"-random guy at the gas station.
"My dad had a Buick SW back in the days, but it was nothing like this one"- property maintenance.
I think, I need to de- badge it to bring more confusion)))

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
"That's the sharpest car I ever seen" - my colleague.
"Is this Buick?????"-random guy at the gas station.
"My dad had a Buick SW back in the days, but it was nothing like this one"- property maintenance.
I think, I need to de- badge it to bring more confusion)))
Or add Badges?
Female police officer in a nice marked black new Explorer PI waves me down just to say.
"That is a really sharp Car"
Tint was so dark on the windows of that cruiser, you could not see in the car until she rolled down the window.

Attachments

Tom N

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX

"I didn't know anybody still made wagons" - Dave (family friend and truck guy to the core)

"Is that 'space car' yours?" - Liz, math teacher (she meant that it was futuristic looking?) :unsure:

I pulled into the spectator parking lot today to attend a huge car show in Parsippany NJ. The young guy (18 or so) who was collecting the parking fee, remarked that my TourX was one of the coolest cars he had seen all day. I've had it about 2 months and I've only seen 3 others (one of them was at my local dealer for service). I recently had the windows tinted and it really improves the appearance.

RickC0369

Buick Ownership
TourX
My black, debadged TourX (the front emblem is tinted almost completely black, but at just the right light/angle, the Buick shields barely glisten through—very stealthy, AND the ACC is 100%)

-Mentioned by several strangers- “I honestly thought it was a Tesla from the back!” (there are many Tesla’s in the area where I work)
-Passengers in slow passing cars doing a full neck-twist 180* to the right and trying to decipher the grill- 50+
-My father, the Teutonic car snob looking at the VIN label- “Wow, it IS a German car!”
-The Sales Manager at the Volvo dealer where I work- “Where did you get the aftermarket grill for your V60...?”

A12D5308-F6D9-4A88-8B5C-26523B714D0D.jpeg

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
Car guy who just rented a different Opel in Europe (guessing it was the Insignia sedan) from a distance of 100 yards, squinting: "Is that...is...is that an...Opel?!"
Sister upon first seeing it: "Nice Grand-Dad car!"
Teenage girls soccer team: "Wow! Cool car!"
Owner of both a car-detail shop and a 10-year-old Volvo wagon, said at a gas station last week: "Is that the new Buick? Wow, it's a looker! What do you think of it? I am due for a new car soon, I need to check these out!"

ECM56

Falls Church, Virginia
Buick Ownership
2018.5 (White needle) TourX Essence DC1 DC2 S&S Pano
My black, debadged TourX (the front emblem is tinted almost completely black, but at just the right light/angle, the Buick shields barely glisten through—very stealthy, AND the ACC is 100%)

-Mentioned by several strangers- “I honestly thought it was a Tesla from the back!” (there are many Tesla’s in the area where I work)
-Passengers in slow passing cars doing a full neck-twist 180* to the right and trying to decipher the grill- 50+
-My father, the Teutonic car snob looking at the VIN label- “Wow, it IS a German car!”
-The Sales Manager at the Volvo dealer where I work- “Where did you get the aftermarket grill for your V60...?”

View attachment 18058
How did you tint the emblem - that looks great.

RickC0369

Buick Ownership
TourX
VHT Nite Shades spray paint, available at just about any Auto Zone/Advanced Auto/Pep Boys/etc. Prep is important, but not as critical as the careful laying of each individual coat for smoothness and desired level of darkness.

Pedal Commander