• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Most Interesting, Oddest, Most Quotable things that people have said to you about your TourX?

ECM56

Falls Church, Virginia
Buick Ownership
2018.5 (White needle) TourX Essence DC1 DC2 S&S Pano
VHT Nite Shades spray paint, available at just about any Auto Zone/Advanced Auto/Pep Boys/etc. Prep is important, but not as critical as the careful laying of each individual coat for smoothness and desired level of darkness.
Thanks! I think my local Advanced Auto Parts carries that.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Saturday in Albuquerque I pull up to a full service car wash (kinda place that washes, towel dries, vacuums, clean the windows and wipe down the dash and doors). The place is practically dead and I roll my window down so I can give my order to the man writing up the tickets. For several yards away I hear one of the young workers (looking in my direction) say: "That's SWEET ASS car."

"It looks like a gangster car" - My Father-in-law (I think he means it looks like the driver would be up to no good.)

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
Thanks for starting this thread, Principal Dan - great to here what other people say.

up to no good? well, maybe a little...

jclin4

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Tom Voelk used to write and do video reviews for the New York Times. He still does the reviews but through his own youtube channel. At the end of this one for the TourX, he relates a story where someone comes up and asks him, "is this a Maserati"?

BTW, I thought his review is pretty much spot on.

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
A couple stopped me just yesterday, pulling out of a grocery store parking lot... They were in a brand new Envision, dealer plate flopping out the hatch in the back...

"Do you like your TourX? THAT'S what we want but the dealer stuck is in this! What dealer did you get it at?"

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
A couple stopped me just yesterday, pulling out of a grocery store parking lot... They were in a brand new Envision, dealer plate flopping out the hatch in the back...

"Do you like your TourX? THAT'S what we want but the dealer stuck is in this! What dealer did you get it at?"
Then they should have found a dealer that would sell them the damn TourX, not an "Invasion."

I hope they at least got the 2.0T version and not the 2.5 naturally aspirated version.

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Then they should have found a dealer that would sell them the damn TourX, not an "Invasion."

I hope they at least got the 2.0T version and not the 2.5 naturally aspirated version.
They were out on a test drive. I gave them the names of two dealers that each had exactly one TourX in stock last I checked, one 30 the other 60 miles away. I told them it was worth it to travel even further to find the right one.

As I pulled away I could see them smiling widely.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
They were out on a test drive. I gave them the names of two dealers that each had exactly one TourX in stock last I checked, one 30 the other 60 miles away. I told them it was worth it to travel even further to find the right one.

We need a "Good Samaritan" award for this guy 👆

CTMechE

CT
Buick Ownership
'19 Regal TourX, Essence

Nice work. I didn't realize that they were hard to come by in certain areas - the dealer I got mine at had 5 new TourX's and one pre-owned with very low miles. I'm pretty sure they still have the remaining ones. The next two closest dealers have another 5 new ones combined. This is in southeastern CT, though, so I think they know that New England area folks like AWD wagons a bit more than average.

CTMechE

CT
Buick Ownership
'19 Regal TourX, Essence
I've only had the thing for 5 weeks, but so far:

Co-worker, after seeing it in person: "Pictures do NOT do that car justice! It looks great!"
Random guy at kid's soccer practice (and a good 150 feet away from the car, too): "What... what is that car? Is it a Buick? It looks *gorgeous*"
My Dad, repeatedly in various forms: "Man, that looks great. Low and long, sleek and understated"
My supervisor: "What kind of car is that? Wow, maybe wagons will make a comeback?!"

I look forward to further comments after reading this thread!

WoodyIRE

Buick Ownership
2018 Tourx Essence
"Very sharp in a Ma and Pa type of way."-Father in law

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
(Joel a Principal, me arriving at a meeting this AM)

Joel: "I've never seen a Buick like that before."

Me: "Regal, TourX"

Joel: "Bringing back the wagon..."

liuby33

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
Well most of the car-people that I happen to know actually know unexpected details such as this car is built in Germany and is a re-branded opel. The worst of them all at least recognized it is a Buick Regal and commented that they've never seen one before.

All the people who didn't tell it is a Buick Regal would mistake a Toyota for an Acura or an Audi for a BMW.

So yeah I guess Regal is probably doing just fine :)

Buschb

Buick Ownership
Tour X
Too many comments to count

But most notable was when dropping off my wife and kids off at a wedding. Only 1 car at a time could drive down the trail to the little chapel and drop people off.

After I parked and made the trek back to the chapel, A group of family asked when I bought a Mercedes wagon.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Too many comments to count

But most notable was when dropping off my wife and kids off at a wedding. Only 1 car at a time could drive down the trail to the little chapel and drop people off.

After I parked and made the trek back to the chapel, A group of family asked when I bought a Mercedes wagon.
eugenelevyapplause.gif

wingedone

Charlotte, MI
Buick Ownership
TourX
My wife tells me she was at Meijer's getting fuel, when two couples across from her (on Harley's) gushed about the car, saying they love the way it looks and love wagons in general. One of the women offered to trade their harley for it. lol

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Many people at the Large Indy repair shop seem to know what a TourX is, say they stand out. The guy today said "really" when he asked how much I paid. The look was priceless. I told him still can be done, with patience and a nationwide search.

Pedal Commander