• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Most Interesting, Oddest, Most Quotable things that people have said to you about your TourX?

R-one

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Regal TourX
Pulled into the dealership service area and three service writers said “I didn’t know Buick made a wagon?!” I was thinking “there are two sitting outside right now...”

JenkkiMike

I recently moved to a new house and was pulling in my driveway after a hike with my son and dog right as my neighbor was walking his dog. He came over to comment on how beautiful my wagon is and told me that he has always been a "Station wagon guy". I started to explain that it's a Buick but it's actually an Opel made in Germany and he cut me off and said "I know what it is."

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I recently moved to a new house and was pulling in my driveway after a hike with my son and dog right as my neighbor was walking his dog. He came over to comment on how beautiful my wagon is and told me that he has always been a "Station wagon guy". I started to explain that it's a Buick but it's actually an Opel made in Germany and he cut me off and said "I know what it is."
What a nice man... :rolleyes:

TourXRDU

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Strangely no one has asked if my Buick is a MAZERATI but I have gotten a lot of nice compliments regardless.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Barbershop today, older gentleman in the chair. I had been there a few minutes the place was almost empty. Barber rotated the chair so the old fellow was looking out the window onto the parking lot.

"That's one BADASS Buick."

(For the record the gentleman was driving a late 90s Tacoma 4x4, extended cab, faded red paint, black steel bumpers front and rear, winch and grille guard.)

His comment made the Barber look: "I've never seen a Buick like that before. I love how long that is."

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
Kid (20's?) at the fueling station the other day - "man, that's cool! Is it brand new?"

I had recently washed it, not detailed, but the Dark Moon Metallic on this TourX with 9k miles - the whole package does turn heads. The kid was genuinely interested, and went to front of car to look - assume he saw the Buick emblem. I told him very briefly it's origin - he had never heard of Opel...

jclin4

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Kid (20's?) at the fueling station the other day - "man, that's cool! Is it brand new?"

I had recently washed it, not detailed, but the Dark Moon Metallic on this TourX with 9k miles - the whole package does turn heads. The kid was genuinely interested, and went to front of car to look - assume he saw the Buick emblem. I told him very briefly it's origin - he had never heard of Opel...
Brought my new TourX in for state inspection as required to local lube/oil change place. All the other technicians stopped what they were doing and gathered ’round while it was tested.

(observed from waiting room window)

Last edited:

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
This morning I had a ~ 2000 Jetta TDI Wagon pull up next to me at a light.

His aftermarket wheels extended beyond his wheel skirts and his homemade roof rack cross bars were mounted to the extreme front and back positions of his roof.

He pointed at my TourX, gave me a thumbs up and a toothless smile!

Pedal Commander