Most Interesting, Oddest, Most Quotable things that people have said to you about your TourX?

R-one

2019 Buick Regal TourX
Pulled into the dealership service area and three service writers said “I didn’t know Buick made a wagon?!” I was thinking “there are two sitting outside right now...”

JenkkiMike

I recently moved to a new house and was pulling in my driveway after a hike with my son and dog right as my neighbor was walking his dog. He came over to comment on how beautiful my wagon is and told me that he has always been a "Station wagon guy". I started to explain that it's a Buick but it's actually an Opel made in Germany and he cut me off and said "I know what it is."

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
2018 Regal TourX
I recently moved to a new house and was pulling in my driveway after a hike with my son and dog right as my neighbor was walking his dog. He came over to comment on how beautiful my wagon is and told me that he has always been a "Station wagon guy". I started to explain that it's a Buick but it's actually an Opel made in Germany and he cut me off and said "I know what it is."
What a nice man... :rolleyes:

TourXRDU

Regal TourX
Strangely no one has asked if my Buick is a MAZERATI but I have gotten a lot of nice compliments regardless.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
2018 Regal TourX
Barbershop today, older gentleman in the chair. I had been there a few minutes the place was almost empty. Barber rotated the chair so the old fellow was looking out the window onto the parking lot.

"That's one BADASS Buick."

(For the record the gentleman was driving a late 90s Tacoma 4x4, extended cab, faded red paint, black steel bumpers front and rear, winch and grille guard.)

His comment made the Barber look: "I've never seen a Buick like that before. I love how long that is."

garbageguy

Regal TourX 2019
Kid (20's?) at the fueling station the other day - "man, that's cool! Is it brand new?"

I had recently washed it, not detailed, but the Dark Moon Metallic on this TourX with 9k miles - the whole package does turn heads. The kid was genuinely interested, and went to front of car to look - assume he saw the Buick emblem. I told him very briefly it's origin - he had never heard of Opel...

jclin4

2019 TourX Essence
Kid (20's?) at the fueling station the other day - "man, that's cool! Is it brand new?"

I had recently washed it, not detailed, but the Dark Moon Metallic on this TourX with 9k miles - the whole package does turn heads. The kid was genuinely interested, and went to front of car to look - assume he saw the Buick emblem. I told him very briefly it's origin - he had never heard of Opel...
Brought my new TourX in for state inspection as required to local lube/oil change place. All the other technicians stopped what they were doing and gathered ’round while it was tested.

(observed from waiting room window)

Last edited:

FavaBean

DE
2018 Regal TourX Essence
This morning I had a ~ 2000 Jetta TDI Wagon pull up next to me at a light.

His aftermarket wheels extended beyond his wheel skirts and his homemade roof rack cross bars were mounted to the extreme front and back positions of his roof.

He pointed at my TourX, gave me a thumbs up and a toothless smile!

NEPABuick

NE Pennsylvania
2018 Buick TourX
My black, debadged TourX (the front emblem is tinted almost completely black, but at just the right light/angle, the Buick shields barely glisten through—very stealthy, AND the ACC is 100%)

-Mentioned by several strangers- “I honestly thought it was a Tesla from the back!” (there are many Tesla’s in the area where I work)
-Passengers in slow passing cars doing a full neck-twist 180* to the right and trying to decipher the grill- 50+
-My father, the Teutonic car snob looking at the VIN label- “Wow, it IS a German car!”
-The Sales Manager at the Volvo dealer where I work- “Where did you get the aftermarket grill for your V60...?”

View attachment 18058
What did you use to tint the front emblem? It looks excellent that way!

garbageguy

Regal TourX 2019
I recently moved to a different work location has changed, so new parking lot for the TourX, have received a few comments from people there

"Is that Buick yours? Never seen one like that" (I back in, logo on grille is visible)

"Is that a crossover or wagon" (I quickly and emphatically replied)

"That thing is cool" (yep)

2018 Regal TourX Essence
I’ve had many, but two stand out.
First was washing it in my driveway and someone walks up, introduces herself, and apologized for interrupting but had to know more about it. Owned a Roadmaster Estate and was looking for a replacement because she hated her current Yukon. I think I may have sold a car for Buick that day.

Second was over the weekend at a McDs. A couple got in their car then slowly drove through the lot as we were getting out. They rolled the window down and said they loved wagons and this is “one of the prettiest they’ve seen, the lines are outstanding”. The guy driving then said he had a mid-60s LeSabre Estate back in the day.

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
2018 TourX
A guy in a black Ford Flex pulls up to my black TourX and asks what kind of car. He adds that it reminded of his Flex but a lowered version.

Turbo Buick Badge