• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Most Interesting, Oddest, Most Quotable things that people have said to you about your TourX?

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
I’m still thinking of an appropriate badge to fill the spot. Something to mess with people. Mercury? Pontiac? Saab?
Maybe to maximize messing with people, use a badge that's no longer made - Pontiac or Olds? I do like the Wildcat badge idea

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
On the way home yesterday I had a guy roll up next to me in traffic and motion for me to roll down the window. At first I thought, crap did i just cut this guy off? But since I am used to db's on the road I rolled down the window and the guy just kept talking about how the American's are finally getting it right. Didn't have the heart to tell him it is no longer in production and was never made in the US. Though he probably would have been interested to hear it was made in Germany since he was driving a VW.

ECB

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Someone (not me) ran into and scraped the black plastic wheel arches on the front driver's side so off I went to my body repairman. He comes outside to look and says what is that? It looks like a Maserati! then he notices the Buick logo on the grill. He really swooned over it. Now if we can just get the wheel arches replaced before he retires.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Or see if the quote to replace the arches will cover a painted GS bumper and rip those things off!

ECB

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Or see if the quote to replace the arches will cover a painted GS bumper and rip those things off!
Body man said to order the parts myself and he will install them for 20 bucks, parts delivered are 138 and will be in the dealer within a week. (cross my fingers)

dlbritton

NC
Buick Ownership
2019 TourX Preferred
Had another of the "What is that?" moments this past weekend. I wrote about the reaction by a restaurant takeout worker in another thread.

I was loading my car to come home from the ski resort where I work weekends and one of my neighbors stopped to ask what kind of car it was. He didn't recognize me at first but when he did he said he had noticed it over the past month and was trying to figure out what it is. I hadn't realized before then that it doesn't say Buick anywhere. If you didn't recognize the grill emblem you wouldn't have a clue. It does say Regal TourX but a lot of people probably aren't familiar with "Buick Regal".

His wife said they thought maybe it was a Volvo or BMW. They really liked that it is AWD, obviously an essential for driving to a ski resort on a regular basis. The parking lot is usually filled with Volvo, BMW, Toyota and Jeep SUVs plus honking big 4 door AWD pickups. A few AWD Mercedes cars but not many SUVs.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Had another of the "What is that?" moments this past weekend. I wrote about the reaction by a restaurant takeout worker in another thread.

I was loading my car to come home from the ski resort where I work weekends and one of my neighbors stopped to ask what kind of car it was. He didn't recognize me at first but when he did he said he had noticed it over the past month and was trying to figure out what it is. I hadn't realized before then that it doesn't say Buick anywhere. If you didn't recognize the grill emblem you wouldn't have a clue. It does say Regal TourX but a lot of people probably aren't familiar with "Buick Regal".

His wife said they thought maybe it was a Volvo or BMW. They really liked that it is AWD, obviously an essential for driving to a ski resort on a regular basis. The parking lot is usually filled with Volvo, BMW, Toyota and Jeep SUVs plus honking big 4 door AWD pickups. A few AWD Mercedes cars but not many SUVs.
Because Buick dropped that emblem from all vehicles starting with model year 2019!

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX

Yes one of GMs dumber moves of recent years. There was only one "B-U-I-C-K" spelled out on the car to start with.

Imagine if they had announced that they were going to stop putting "Chevrolet" on all Chevys.

"There's a bowtie emblem there, what do they need the word "Chevrolet" for?"

extex

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Never seen another on the road. Very few one knows what it is. Lots of guesses, mostly exotic imports, old folks recoginice the Buick emblem, young ones not so much. Took off the Buick lettering just like the new models. A little fun in dark times.

Charleetho

Buick Ownership
Tourx
My neighbor thought we bought an Audi. Discount Tire thought it was a Volvo.

When I brought it to 2 body shops for estimates (got rear-ended) both times near the whole shop came outside to check out the TourX with lots of "cool car" comments.

My wife's friends can't believe I talked her into a wagon as they all drive boring cute utes. In the opinion of middle-aged women, there is nothing cool about a station wagon.

Last edited:

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
My neighbor thought we bought an Audi. Discount Tire thought it was a Volvo.

When I brought it to 2 body shops for estimates (got rear-ended) both times near the whole shop came outside to check out the TourX with lots of "cool car" comments.

My wife's friends can't believe I talked her into a wagon as they all drive boring cute utes. In the opinion of middle-aged women, there is nothing cool about a station wagon.
Charlee, I get those brand-guesses too.

BTW, the people you referenced can't have my "wagon" (I like that term cute-utes, I may have to steal it from you at times)

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Had to add to this. My son is 2 (and a 1/2), naturally he's stringing more words and phrases together. He's been saying "Dad car" for a long time when he knows we'll be leaving in mine. Today I picked him up from the sitter and when we got to my car he said: "Cool Dad Car." :ROFLMAO:

adam728

Buick Ownership
Buick
In the opinion of middle-aged women, there is nothing cool about a station wagon.
Our friend group is mostly mid 30's to mid 40's. Women seem pretty split, some think it's cool, most think it's nice, and a few think a station wagon is the grossest thing ever.

My wife apparently has fallen into the last group. She was ok with it, but it seems the more people like my car, the more she hates it. Which makes this the best :

Stopped at the VW/Audi/Subaru dealer a few weeks ago. She started eyeing a VW Atlas and Outbacks. Sales guy approached. I gave him the "Hey, just looking". His response was great, and annoyed the wife immensely.
"No, that's fine. I'm the Audi sales guy, you are out of my territory anyway. I just wanted to come check out that thing!" *points to TourX

It was great.

Hamilton, New Zealand
Buick Ownership
2019 Holden ZB Commodore RSV Liftback 3.6 AWD
Had to add to this. My son is 2 (and a 1/2), naturally he's stringing more words and phrases together. He's been saying "Dad car" for a long time when he knows we'll be leaving in mine. Today I picked him up from the sitter and when we got to my car he said: "Cool Dad Car." :ROFLMAO:
Your son has great taste.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!