Motor & Tranny Mount Replacement Suggestions?

Thread starter #1

GunnyP

A Regular
Cleveland, OH
Buick Ownership
Buick Park Ave Ultra 1993
After frequent bone-jarring jolts from standard railroad track crossings and minor potholes, ordered the KYB Struts-Plus SR4022 which should arrive next week. I've been PBblasting the bolts involved to avert installation problems but noticed that my spotless engine bay is coated with a greasy grime that has never happened before.

I've 86,000 miles on this '93 Ultra and thought perhaps it might be the engine or tranny mounts weakening which a YouTube vid opined could cause this. At 25yrs, it may be time to address the mounts in any event; however, the poor review of the third party mounts has given me pause, yet the steep price of the ACDelco brand seems tacitly absurd.

Any suggestions as to how to go here?

Thread starter #3

GunnyP

A Regular
Cleveland, OH
Buick Ownership
Buick Park Ave Ultra 1993
Oh yes, made the rounds of RockAuto, Amazon, Ebay and SummitRacing and read up on the DYI poly refurbishing. Check the reviews of the major suppliers and read every "motor mount" occurrence in this forum.
Saw a few asserting only the ACDelco should be used but saw enough tales of woe to doubt that it is worth the price. Was about to pull the tab on the Anchor from RockAuto which was the cheapest source at $29 but then found a torching of all things Anchor.
So decided to see if any seasoned members had a "tried and true" favorite.

Alan 55

Buick Newbie
Florida
Buick Ownership
2001 Buick Park Avenue, previously owned 1997 Park Avenue
If you are planning to keep the car, I would use OEM. If not, I would go aftermarket.

Drakito

Southern Utah
Buick Ownership
2003 Park Avenue Ultra
My tried and true is to fill the stock mounts with black window polyurethane and cure them in an oven at 200*.
If they are the non open type you can usually modify them with bolts or get aftermarket urethane inserts.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.