Mud flaps on the 2010/2011 LaCrosse

rodeman

Phoenix
Buick Ownership
Buick LaCrosse
Does anyone have mud flaps on their LaCrosse and if so do they cut down on the amount of dirt/mud on the rear quarter panel? Did you have the dealership install them or did you purchase them and do the installation yourself?

I'm interested in them to cut down on dirt and dings in the paint. I live in Phoenix so we don't see much rain but we have a lot of little rock/dirt debris on the streets. But I don't want to pay a dealer to install them.

If you purchased them yourself, where did you buy them from and what was the cost?

Thanks
John

Tduke57

Buick Ownership
Buick
Yes, I have them on my 2010 CXS and they were dealer bought/installed. I got them as they are fairly unobtrusive in appearance and I live in a rural area and have 2.5 miles of dirt road to transit to get to/from my ranch. I think they do keep pebbles from kicking up and damaging the paint. Unless they have changed them though they are hollowed out so will retain mud which is a fairly non-functional design. You can read about others mud flap opinions as this has been discussed on the forum last year.

bobcat

west terre haute,ind.
Buick Ownership
2010 lacrosse cxs on order
i have the flaps on my lacrosse, with the front wheel drive they save a lot of mud and snow.

PABOB

Buick Ownership
Buick
I had the dealer install the factory mud flaps on my 2011 CXS. The flaps are very cheap looking and they are not made correctly.....they are hollow on the back and do collect snow, dirt, mud, stones and anything else on the road....What a beautiful car, it is a shame that buick cannot make a mudflap equal to other car manufacturers that will blend in nicely....they also are only available in black,,,,,again, why does Buick not want to go all the way with this car and supply all of the items which this market demands....They want the German, Japan share of the market but do not do the little things which the other guys currently do. Another little thing, the chrome wheels are great looking and Buick uses cheap rubber valve stems....Rubber valve stems are not used on todays better cars anymore....But, i do still like the car....

92sub

Motor City
Buick Ownership
87GN (gone), 2011 CXS (gone), 98 Regal GS
GM Accessories has always seemed like a half-hearted effort although they are getting better.
Just an FYI.....your cheap rubber valve stems are actually very stout $80 inflation sensor modules so I wouldn't play with them too much.

Banto

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence - Dark Moon Blue, 2018 Regal TourX Essence - Rioja Red, 2009 Enclave CXL
Here are the pics of the mud flaps

rodeman

Phoenix
Buick Ownership
Buick LaCrosse
Wow, no offense, but that's not what I expected at all. I thought they would be thin and low profile. Those seem really obvious. I think I made my choice to pass based on the picture here.

I was hoping for 1/2 thick, very solid and elegant. Not sure why I thought that, but I thought I saw some pictures online from Buick like that.

John

bobcat

west terre haute,ind.
Buick Ownership
hey banto good job,that looks just like my cxs.get a rear spoiler for that bad boy,i have the spoiler on mine sure sets it off.

Banto

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence - Dark Moon Blue, 2018 Regal TourX Essence - Rioja Red, 2009 Enclave CXL
hey banto good job,that looks just like my cxs.get a rear spoiler for that bad boy,i have the spoiler on mine sure sets it off.

Thanks. How is the paint match on your spoiler? I debated it but was worried about the Red Jewel paint matching perfectly.

bobcat

west terre haute,ind.
Buick Ownership
perfect match, i won mine on ebay new still in the factory box, never been un wrapped i was the high bidder of $60.00. dealer installed for $40.00 this is the same g.m. spoiler that the dealer charges $325.00 for.

ronny

Oklahoma
I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want these very functional and unobtrusive splash guards, unless a person just doesn't like splash guards. I wouldn't buy a car without them.

pogster

Alberta
Well like they say; "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

Get your turbo buick badge right here!