My car is cursed! Paint help please.

cmgww

Indianapolis
Buick Ownership
Buick, Pontiac, GMC
Well, my tire issues are well documented. Two replacements in one week. Now this.
I have a tight garage and backed out yesterday morning, and the weed eater fell on my car. I think I caught it and it dragged for a second. As soon as I saw it come down I stopped. And got out and saw this. Great. Thing is, when I got the car it had a scuff along this side (in front of passenger wheel down low)...I think the dealer's "fix" was to buff it down, leaving less paint. Surely that weed eater wouldn't have gone down to the metal..it isn't that heavy and the shaft is smooth aluminum. I probably don't have a leg to stand on, bc this is my fault. But I'm not happy they didn't repair it properly. I know enough about paint and body work to know when the damage is greater than it should be, given the cause. Oh well, I can't afford a proper repair right now, so it is touch up paint until I have the $$ to get it fixed right. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 83

nizerims

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
:(s)kciuB yM

I use AUTOMOTIVE TOUCHUP.

I have ordered from them 5-6 times. Perfect paint match. Fast shipping. Free Stickers!!!!!

I would order 3 paint pens.

1 Primer

1 Your Color Code

1 Clear Coat

As kranz would say, "And Call It A Day!"

MikeC725

Northville, MI
Buick Ownership
2014 Regal GS AWD
That's sucks. I feel your pain. At least there is no dent. My scratch from the garage door is a $600 fix, because there is body work involved. Close your eyes if you have a weak stomach...........

nizerims

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
:(s)kciuB yM
Those screws are at a perfect Twelve: Thirty....

Harshman

Buick Ownership
17 Regal GS AWD
Knew the wife was nutz when she said that I was the only one to align screws

Garrus

The Citadel via Cincinnati
Buick Ownership
2013 BDT Regal GS
Sorry to see the paint scratch and sanity taker on the car. I've used the automotive touch up sticks that Niz posted up on my old car, great fix for long straight gouges like that.

I was in the same boat about 3-4 months ago. I had a lady blow my mirror off my car at 7 in the morning at Shell when she drove in-between the pumps and also when I get hit, literally by a Semi truck on I-75.

It gets to a point where you're like, just leave me alone already!!!

cmgww

Indianapolis
Buick Ownership
Buick, Pontiac, GMC
Update: Got her washed today and found a dent on the wheel well just behind the passenger tire...FML. it's not large or creased so I think paintless dent repair can fix it. I am lucky to have a friend from college who is the son of a local collision repair shop owner and works there. I think he'll give me a deal on it. Since I found the dent I might just get his place to fix the whole thing. He has gotten a lot of work from me over the years (mostly not my fault, some my fault)...but when you drive 25,000 a year the odds are you are going to get into more accidents or have crap happen to your car. It's simple probability...but this sucks. I am about to call my pastor to bless the car, since I've now had: a bad radio/Bluetooth, 2 tires in one week that needed replaced, dented rim, and now this.

MikeC725

Northville, MI
Buick Ownership
2014 Regal GS AWD
Sorry to hear about the dent. Hope you get her fixed as good as new soon.

Mine still needs to be fixed. Didn't want to fix it until winter is over. Or just before I have to turn it in (July).

cmgww

Indianapolis
Buick Ownership
Buick, Pontiac, GMC
Update: took it by my local collision shop. Owner's son is an old college friend. Even with that, to fix it "right" is going to cost $818!! That includes paintlesss dent repair on the spot just behind the tire, sanding and painting/blending the area in the picture. I can't afford that right now. So my pal said if I got the touch up paint he could do a much less expensive repair job...and since it isn't on a really noticeable area (top of hood, roof, rear bumper, etc) I am ok with it not looking perfect. I hate to say that, but I just don't have the disposable income. I might try getting a few quotes from other places. This shop does top notch work and has a lot of overhead...but you get what you pay for. And I don't want to claim it on insurance. I spent my 20s in the "high risk" driver arena and paid through the nose bc of a few at-faults. I don't want to go back there.

MikeC725

Northville, MI
Buick Ownership
2014 Regal GS AWD
Update: took it by my local collision shop. Owner's son is an old college friend. Even with that, to fix it "right" is going to cost $818!! That includes paintlesss dent repair on the spot just behind the tire, sanding and painting/blending the area in the picture. I can't afford that right now. So my pal said if I got the touch up paint he could do a much less expensive repair job...and since it isn't on a really noticeable area (top of hood, roof, rear bumper, etc) I am ok with it not looking perfect. I hate to say that, but I just don't have the disposable income. I might try getting a few quotes from other places. This shop does top notch work and has a lot of overhead...but you get what you pay for. And I don't want to claim it on insurance. I spent my 20s in the "high risk" driver arena and paid through the nose bc of a few at-faults. I don't want to go back there.

I'd say, just live with it for now. Save some $$$ and get it fixed then. I know it will bother you to look at it, but I think it will bother you more to look at a half (_!_) job all the time.

cmgww

Indianapolis
Buick Ownership
Buick, Pontiac, GMC
Another update...damn I hate potholes! Hit another last night and the results like the first, were another bulged sidewall. It was totally dark and I tried to miss and slowed but it was too late. Thought I was in the clear but not so...that is 3 of 4 tires that have been replaced. Tire is coming in tomorrow and I know it's going to be ok. That said....going to hope the winter is almost over and I can make it until I can buy a winter set next fall....

Get your turbo buick badge right here!