My First Buick a 2001 Buick Century Custom

Thunderhawk09

Buick Ownership
2001 Buick Century Custom
Two weeks ago I went looking for a new ride recent Financial event's caused me to do something I did not really want to but was prepared for it. Had to surrender my truck being out of work for three months and taking out title loan to keep my home spot. I knew to possibility was high for this to happen if I could not get a job locked soon so when I took out the title loan I took the max I could on my 2001 Dodge ram 1500 Sport So at least if that happened I would have got something out of the truck well it happened I am not worried about it still got my home and had locked down a new just two weeks before the trans was getting ready go anyway so I did not sweet it just not having a truck ( or Vehicle Period) blowed but it was for temp I needed A bigger truck for my 5th wheel camper anyway well anyway back to the Buick as stated went looking for a ride after getting stuck for a week in my grandfathers 1990 Jeep Cherokee which I hate by the way I looked at several before spotting the Century out back a 2001 Buick Century Custom no way to know the mileage at the time due to the infamous 4 resistor de-soldering which I had no clue of how to fix that at that time but looked it over run great drove good and dang the smooth ride that car has its like riding in a late 80's Lincoln town car my grandparents had I feel In love with the car right there just for the ride alone Plus I liked the body lines a good looking car I think. Now I never had one but one has been in my family since 1995 when my grand parents bought one a 1995 Buick Regal which they still have and it only has 58k miles on it Lol Not driven much there for I only remember driving it once or twice And did not really remember it riding like that but of course its been about ten years since my last car which was a 1992 Ford Thunderbird 5.0 HO and they are not the smoothest ride So it been awhile and really wanted a car for driving to work I will get a truck later well that is how I wound up with a Buick I hope a year from now I still like it as much as I do now. And if anyone has the factory hub caps in good shape for it and you want to sell the set let me know
1117181645a-1.jpg1117181645b.jpg1117181645c.jpg1117181645d.jpg1117181646.jpg1117181646a.jpg1121181540.jpg1124181617.jpg1117181645.jpg

CorvairGeek

3.8L Member
The Gem State
Buick Ownership
1996, 92 Buick Century
Welcome!
While most consider them 'boring', they are solid and parts are readily available and inexpensive. Very reasonable to insure too.
Parts can swap from the other W bodies to make them more sporty.

ledzilla

Buick Ownership
2001 Century Custom
Actually, when I bought mine off my sister a few years ago, it had aftermarket wheel covers. I went to a junkyard to grab some electrical connectors for a project on another of my cars, and spotted a Century with all four factory covers still in decent condition. Walked away with a full set for I think $30. Also managed to find a hood in great shape in the same color to replace my original that was rusted badly over the latch. So, maybe take a trip to some local junkyards, you might find something to your liking.

ServantToTruth

Louisiana & Mississippi
Buick Ownership
2000 Century, 2003 Century, 2004 Rendezvous
Welcome to the Century family. You car is beautiful and a set of hubcaps would set it off.
My first Century was a 2000 Century with the Instrument Cluster problem. I had no idea how to solder; however, I wanted to know how many miles it had so I looked on youtube, did research for about a month, and took a trip to radioshack. Thousands of owners have repairs their instrument clusters and you can be the next one to do so if you're willing to put in a little bit of effort.

Every time I visit my local Pull-a-Part, there is a new Century on the yard. I would suggest you to check out a junk yard in your area, preferably, a pull-a-part if you have one since they are very organized, in my opinion.. You might end up leaving with more than you came for. or.. EBAY

Thunderhawk09

Buick Ownership
2001 Buick Century Custom
Yeah I have already done the four resistor repair on the cluster and fixed that I have also removed DRL's, auto headlights

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.