• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

My Infotaiment Bugs...........Fixed.

Banjo

Buick Ownership
2018 Reagal GS
I had a couple of Bugs in my infotainment System, random messages while driving like "Key fob left in car" Message. I fixed it and got 2 noticeable improvements. My Bose System seems to be clearer and louder and the Back up Cam is now nice and Clear the Back up lines seem more vivid. Also system seems more responsive to my touch.Reset everything and do not agree to any onstar Nav agreements. I did this Reset twice just to double check, and it worked for me and my system. 3 weeks no messages.Better sound, back up Cam no longer grainy,Clear,Vivid back up lines.Most likely the Placebo effect lol

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
See the bold.

I'm assuming he meant do a Factory Reset of the infotainment, which is what I've suggested in the past to many folks having issues.

I had a couple of Bugs in my infotainment System, random messages while driving like "Key fob left in car" Message. I fixed it and got 2 noticeable improvements. My Bose System seems to be clearer and louder and the Back up Cam is now nice and Clear the Back up lines seem more vivid. Also system seems more responsive to my touch.Reset everything and do not agree to any onstar Nav agreements. I did this Reset twice just to double check, and it worked for me and my system. 3 weeks no messages.Better sound, back up Cam no longer grainy,Clear,Vivid back up lines.Most likely the Placebo effect lol

White guy

Buick Ownership
tourx
So our dealer may have been right!
Dealer claims that the infotainment issues can only accept TSBs with the BOSE audio head unit.

My wife has had issues every single time that she drives this POS!
Every day the screen goes blank,....with or without using Android Auto.

myredcar

CT
Buick Ownership
2015 Lacrosse Leather 3.6
See the bold.

I'm assuming he meant do a Factory Reset of the infotainment, which is what I've suggested in the past to many folks having issues.
Good to know. How do you do a "reset"? Which infotainment system are we talking about? IO6? with Bose?

Gracie615

So our dealer may have been right!
Dealer claims that the infotainment issues can only accept TSBs with the BOSE audio head unit.

My wife has had issues every single time that she drives this POS!
Every day the screen goes blank,....with or without using Android Auto.
When you say the screen is going blank do you mean it going dark? Is it happening more and more? Does it come and go after hitting bumps in the road? We had that issue in our GS and took it into the dealership. They found it to be a bad dashboard wiring harness. It took over 18 weeks to get it fixed because GM could not source the part. We made the difficult decision to give up on the car. Requested and was granted a buy out. We loved the car but couldn't chance parts availability problems especially after the factory warranty was up.

Vinny68

I've noticed on two other car forums that I read for other manufacturers that their infotainment issues were resolved after deleting pictures from their contacts on their phones. It seems that the amount of data required to transmit the pics from the phone to the car was overwhelming the infotainment systems causing frequent screen blackouts and forced shutdowns/restarts. They say once their contacts pictures were deleted then no more problems. Has anyone tried this with their TourX?

Turbo Buick Badge