• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

My Infotaiment Bugs...........Fixed.

Banjo

2018 Reagal GS
I had a couple of Bugs in my infotainment System, random messages while driving like "Key fob left in car" Message. I fixed it and got 2 noticeable improvements. My Bose System seems to be clearer and louder and the Back up Cam is now nice and Clear the Back up lines seem more vivid. Also system seems more responsive to my touch.Reset everything and do not agree to any onstar Nav agreements. I did this Reset twice just to double check, and it worked for me and my system. 3 weeks no messages.Better sound, back up Cam no longer grainy,Clear,Vivid back up lines.Most likely the Placebo effect lol

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Red Needle TourX
See the bold.

I'm assuming he meant do a Factory Reset of the infotainment, which is what I've suggested in the past to many folks having issues.

I had a couple of Bugs in my infotainment System, random messages while driving like "Key fob left in car" Message. I fixed it and got 2 noticeable improvements. My Bose System seems to be clearer and louder and the Back up Cam is now nice and Clear the Back up lines seem more vivid. Also system seems more responsive to my touch.Reset everything and do not agree to any onstar Nav agreements. I did this Reset twice just to double check, and it worked for me and my system. 3 weeks no messages.Better sound, back up Cam no longer grainy,Clear,Vivid back up lines.Most likely the Placebo effect lol

White guy

tourx
So our dealer may have been right!
Dealer claims that the infotainment issues can only accept TSBs with the BOSE audio head unit.

My wife has had issues every single time that she drives this POS!
Every day the screen goes blank,....with or without using Android Auto.

myredcar

CT
2015 Lacrosse Leather 3.6
See the bold.

I'm assuming he meant do a Factory Reset of the infotainment, which is what I've suggested in the past to many folks having issues.
Good to know. How do you do a "reset"? Which infotainment system are we talking about? IO6? with Bose?

Gracie615

So our dealer may have been right!
Dealer claims that the infotainment issues can only accept TSBs with the BOSE audio head unit.

My wife has had issues every single time that she drives this POS!
Every day the screen goes blank,....with or without using Android Auto.
When you say the screen is going blank do you mean it going dark? Is it happening more and more? Does it come and go after hitting bumps in the road? We had that issue in our GS and took it into the dealership. They found it to be a bad dashboard wiring harness. It took over 18 weeks to get it fixed because GM could not source the part. We made the difficult decision to give up on the car. Requested and was granted a buy out. We loved the car but couldn't chance parts availability problems especially after the factory warranty was up.

Vinny68

I've noticed on two other car forums that I read for other manufacturers that their infotainment issues were resolved after deleting pictures from their contacts on their phones. It seems that the amount of data required to transmit the pics from the phone to the car was overwhelming the infotainment systems causing frequent screen blackouts and forced shutdowns/restarts. They say once their contacts pictures were deleted then no more problems. Has anyone tried this with their TourX?

Hunter Mike

America’s Dairyland
Dark Moon 19 Buick Opel Vauxhall Insignia Country Tourer Regal TourX Essence Estate Avant Wagon
I did a reset 2 days ago and have some observations.

i no longer get the ”Navigation not avaliable” message. Must be a trial period thing with OnStar. I didn’t extend past the trial.

i haven’t noticed the backup guidelines disappearing.

i still have random audio dropouts. I have an appointment with the dealer next week to upgrade to 22.9 so we’ll see how that goes.

White guy

tourx

i no longer get the ”Navigation not avaliable” message. Must be a trial period thing with OnStar. I didn’t extend past the trial.

i still have random audio dropouts. I have an appointment with the dealer next week to upgrade to 22.9 so we’ll see how that goes.
Hope your dealer can fix the audio dropouts without you being charged for an audio head unit upgrade as our dealer has suggested.
Good luck!

hancox

2019 Regal TourX

I can echo the double reset helped me, even after the 22.9 upgrade. I would suggest doing it after the upgrade.

Hunter Mike

America’s Dairyland
Dark Moon 19 Buick Opel Vauxhall Insignia Country Tourer Regal TourX Essence Estate Avant Wagon
I can echo the double reset helped me, even after the 22.9 upgrade. I would suggest doing it after the upgrade.
Just got the 22.9 done today. The reset got rid of the “navigation service has expired” message but it got me in the dealer under warranty, along with guidelines disappearing. Just look at TSB 19-NA-100 and 19-NA-251 from November 2019 if you need guidance. They’re on the NHTSA site. It took 45 minutes to download and another 45 to load into the car. It’s a big update, as the TSB mentions there are over 120 “improvements”.

observations:
my nav didn’t work after leaving the dealer, a reset and reboot fixed it.
backup camera frame rate is better...like when the guidelines disappear, but with guidelines now.
I still had audio dropouts listening to a podcast through CarPlay.
Overall responsiveness is better with less lag.

Ctrcbob

Regal Tour-X
Dig around in your settings. I have the OG Red Needle Infotainment, which is different from White Needle cars.
White needle Tour-X here.
Only thing I find in Settings/System is “Return to Factory Settings “. Afraid to touch that.
IS THIS THE SAME AS “RESET”?

Ctrcbob

Regal Tour-X
White needle Tour-X here.
Only thing I find in Settings/System is “Return to Factory Settings “. Afraid to touch that.
IS THIS THE SAME AS “RESET”?
Still don’t know if “Return to Factory Settings” (which I have) is the same as “Reset” (which I do not have).

Anyone?

Hunter Mike

America’s Dairyland
Still don’t know if “Return to Factory Settings” (which I have) is the same as “Reset” (which I do not have).

Anyone?
That’s the one. its a fresh start!
ive done it three times, 2 before 22.9, and once after. You will need to reset all of your preferences, presets, users, fob assignments, etc.

it’s worth the time.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!