My new baby

Delton

Sacramento, California
2016 Buick Regal GS AWD w/ Trifecta Tune Previously: 2012 Buick Regal Premium I
Here are a few pictures of my new girl.
IMG_20200201_201101.jpg IMG_20200201_201116.jpg IMG_20200204_175324.jpg
I can't get over how much turbo noise there is. It's so fun to drive, I've only been driving it for two weeks and I've already gotten in the habit of pressing the "GS" button when I get in.
Started out driving in a 2012' Base model, recently sold that for about $9k and traded up for a '16 GS AWD with DC#1 & the moon roof. She has a couple of bruises here and there but nothing huge! Got a sick CPO deal at a Chevy dealer.
I want to do LED turn signals front and back but the front bulbs are a very strange size and I can't find any LEDs for them. The rear is much easier, just need resistors. Has anyone done this?
Besides a trifecta tune (which I'm waiting to order until I'm done with my rounds of warranty repair at the dealership), what should I do that's "allowed" under warranty?

Last edited:

Delton

Sacramento, California
Nice! Looks like the same model I have! I recommend getting the door logo lights. They only run about 15 bucks on amazon.
I bought some for my '12 but they didn't fit! Tested them with this one too and they didn't fit either. Which ones did you buy?

XtraPerformance

2016 Regal GS
I want to do LED turn signals front and back but the front bulbs are a very strange size and I can't find any LEDs for them. The rear is much easier, just need resistors. Has anyone done this?
Congratulations on the upgrade! Almost identical to mine ;)

If you figure out LED turn signals on the front please let me know! I've been trying to figure out an LED solution to those for years now but like you mentioned the GS uses a very unique bulb type.

If you don't want to mess with resistors on the rear turn signals use the bulbs I have linked below. They don't require a resistor and won't hyperflash. I've been using them for 6 months with no issues.
7440 Red LED Bulb

Delton

Sacramento, California
Congratulations on the upgrade! Almost identical to mine ;)

If you figure out LED turn signals on the front please let me know! I've been trying to figure out an LED solution to those for years now but like you mentioned the GS uses a very unique bulb type.

If you don't want to mess with resistors on the rear turn signals use the bulbs I have linked below. They don't require a resistor and won't hyperflash. I've been using them for 6 months with no issues.
7440 Red LED Bulb
Really!? I just ordered them. Says they'll be here in April 0_0 must be from China.

I'll test them out! Thanks for the recommendation.

Delton

Sacramento, California
Checked my order history. Here is a link for the ones I have:

2pcs Fit for Buick Regal LED Door... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DR8CHJN?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Maybe I'll give them a whirl. I replaced all the interior lights with LEDs already, and I'm enjoying the bright puddle lights. These projectors look like they completely replace it. Do they light up the puddle area well or is it just the projection?

SSJ455

Hudson Valley
2013 Quicksilver Regal GS
Congrats Delton!

I get a kick out of you Cali guys with your AWD models while I am soldiering through another MN winter with FWD....LOL!
I hear ya! I have had FWD for years in NY and I was able to get through, but if I had to do it again, I would have waited a year and gotten an AWD. They are fun in the snow as well!

Delton

Sacramento, California
Congrats Delton!

I get a kick out of you Cali guys with your AWD models while I am soldiering through another MN winter with FWD....LOL!
I hear ya! I have had FWD for years in NY and I was able to get through, but if I had to do it again, I would have waited a year and gotten an AWD. They are fun in the snow as well!
Funny story behind why I went AWD. I had three used options closest to me, this one in the Tri-Coat Frost White AWD , Black FWD, and Cherry Red Metallic FWD! I fell in love with that weird cherry color, it's very unique. Unfortunately they wanted too much and the black one with FWD had a mismatch colored headliner and sunroof cover, the cover was the tan color... The dealership refused to fix it as a condition of purchase so I lost their contact.

So this one was the obvious choice. I got a great deal and it's got all the CPO extended warranties.

The AWD puts the power down great. When I test drove the FWD models they had a hard time putting down the power, even in second gear the front chirped and hopped a bit.

Really happy with my purchase!

XtraPerformance

2016 Regal GS
Really!? I just ordered them. Says they'll be here in April 0_0 must be from China.

I'll test them out! Thanks for the recommendation.
Yes, they are from China unfortunately. However, they truly don't require resistors and are still working lol. I got a super long delivery estimate as well but I believe they came quite a bit earlier.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!