• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

My version of the Buick Sport TourX

Regal11

Manchester, NH
Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Regal Sportback Avenir
That looks incredible!!!! Well done!

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX Essence
Looks great! What did you use to cover the chrome trim and grey parts of the bumper?
I used 3M glossy blackout tape around the windows and the chrome piece that runs into the tail lights. To get those pieces right, I had to disassemble the tail light and remove the chrome pieces and black out those out separately then reassemble. The grey parts of the TourX front bumper weren’t reused when I put the Sportback nose on it. I did however black out the grey piece on the lower rear bumper by masking it off and spraying it with 3 coats of black plasti dip and then two coats of their “glossifier” and it is about as close to a dead match of the surrounding piece as you can get.

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX Essence
Well done! Are the wheels 19" or 20"?
They are factory 20” Lacrosse wheels. I looked at several types of aftermarket wheels, many of which would’ve looked great on the car, but in the end I was looking to blend American and Euro touring cues and those OEM wheels just kept coming back to me. I really wanted it to look like something that could’ve been, for the most part, bought from a dealership. RoRi had the same style on his car at one time, but they were powder coated darker and that’s where the original idea came from.

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
First, I would like to thank @RoRi for the ideas and doing all the initial legwork to show us how good these cars can look and @Zaxer for showing how to to swap out the nose and pushing me over the edge to tackle this project.

This is my version of a Buick Touring Wagon.

View attachment 25205

View attachment 25204

View attachment 25203
killer - great build. Just awaiting springs on mine as well as some cooler weather and I will also get this over the edge. Looks great - and the lower grill turned out really nice!!!

jdoodle

Sustaining Member
Texas
Buick Ownership
2018 regal tourx
Could be the next Batmobile or with an oscillating red light in the front...............Knightrider!!! Super slick job, very well done. 👍👍👍

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX Essence
killer - great build. Just awaiting springs on mine as well as some cooler weather and I will also get this over the edge. Looks great - and the lower grill turned out really nice!!!
Thanks @Zaxer. Did you get the bottom Sportback trim piece over the paint cut off? It took me about 15 minutes to cut it with an air saw and about that long again to true the edge with a soft sanding pad.

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Thanks @Zaxer. Did you get the bottom Sportback trim piece over the paint cut off? It took me about 15 minutes to cut it with an air saw and about that long again to true the edge with a soft sanding pad.
I am going to do the front and back at the same time - awaiting some touch up paint that has been backed up for weeks...just got the shipping notice Friday. I will post pics on my sportback swap thread once I get ‘er done...I will also use a air jigsaw - much better idea vs dremel!

Get your turbo buick badge right here!