• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

National Backorder on Buick Regal TourX grille.

BJTN36

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I saw a very similar thread about someone having issues with receiving an AC hose. My situation is a little different, and this is how.

My vehicle was damaged in an accident. My TourX has been sitting at a GM dealership for 35 days with no progress because they can't find a replacement grille. My insurance company is no longer paying for the rental car, and GM refuses to pay for my rental car because the damage was caused by the owner, and not warranty work.

I hit a tire that was rolling down the highway and caused $6400 worth of damage. I have essentially a loaded TourX minus the moonroof, but included the level 2 DC option package.

I'm including photos of my vehicle.

Is anyone else worrisome about future part availability? How this will affect the vehicle? Plus the fact that I now have to pay out $250 a week for a rental car because the part can't be procured. I gave GM money on good faith that parts would be available when needed. I talked to GM customer care and while they were sympathetic, they made sure to tell me that the owner's manual essentially allows them to not worry about the inconvenience if a part is not available, if it is not warranty work.......

Attachments

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
How is GM to be held accountable on a accident repair? Your insurance company should be looking at a salvage vehicle for replacement parts, if in as same condition, then ordering new parts that may not be on hand. Please explain why you paid for something that hasn't been delivered?

JackRydden224

I think he meant he gave GM money for the car he owns but GM is unable to come up with the parts to repair it. This is particularly worrisome seeing how this is a vehicle that’s still being sold on the lots! I can’t imagine how poor the supply chain of parts are going to be if one day the Regal is no longer being sold.

How is GM to be held accountable on a accident repair? Your insurance company should be looking at a salvage vehicle for replacement parts, if in as same condition, then ordering new parts that may not be on hand. Please explain why you paid for something that hasn't been delivered?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
You think hmm, well why then is this any different than any other consumer product bought through a second party from a foreign manufacturer which the consumer broke and getting repaired.

Just because it says GM on it how is the support going to be better than Walmart, GM just lowered their 2020 warranty program so it's not like GM isn't giving a hint of things to come as they lowered it back in 2016.

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
I don't think it's unreasonable for the OP or any of us to expect a new parts chain to be available in reasonable time for cars we purchased in the last year or so from a major manufacturer. Warranty claim or not. That said, it looks increasingly like the TourX parts chain is thin at best. @BJTN36, it looks like at this point it would expedite your claim to follow that car-parts link that @NormT kindly posted above.

As for the rest of us...drive extremely carefully or don't drive at all. :rolleyes:

BJTN36

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Follow up from original post.

After waiting 30+ days for a single part, the upper grille with adaptive cruise control. A grille was shipped to the dealer on Friday 8/30.

I actually searched for salvage Regals but all the ones I found had damage in the front of the vehicle.

My car should be delivered on Tuesday. GM customer care called me on Friday to say that they have been watching the shipment of the grille and that it has landed at the dealer. Customer care was going to pay for my maintenance appointment, but with Buick your visit is covered anyways. (My car is so new it hasn't even had its first oil change.) So they are attempting to approve $500 voucher for GM accessories. What I do appreciate is the fact they understood that this was becoming a major inconvenience to my ability to control my finances.

I do worry about what part availability will be for Opel specific parts for our cars. The parts that are produced from GM for its multiple lines of vehicles, there is not a worry. I hope this isn't a foreshadowing of what is to happen to anyone that keeps their cars for more than 3 years.

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
At least GM is somewhat on top of it in that they're giving you a voucher, I think that says a lot from a customer service standpoint. About a month seems to be most common for getting new TourX parts. There was a guy on FB TourX who said it took 6+ months for some hatch assembly parts... I made a post here about that a while back. His was the only one I've read about taking that long. I'd have been all up in GM's stuff with attorney letters at about 5-6 weeks, but that's just me.

Hopefully timing improves going forward.

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
I hit a tire rolling down the freeway a few months ago..... Car was totaled..... Now I have a Regal.

It really sucks because you'll hardly ever find out where the tire actually came from to get the other parties insurance

no-pistons

Buick Ownership
Tourx
I think its crazy that GM spent the time and money to develop a unique grill just for the North American market, being that it is such a low volume seller. Opel, Vauxhall, and Holden all share the same grill but with different badges. Probably it would have been wise to do the same with Buick.

Banto

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence - Dark Moon Blue, 2018 Regal TourX Essence - Rioja Red, 2009 Enclave CXL
At least they found a part. I have an airbag with a cosmetic defect and have been waiting over six months. Hope I never get in an accident.

Tedjs

Cleveland, OH
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal Tourx
Follow up from original post.

After waiting 30+ days for a single part, the upper grille with adaptive cruise control. A grille was shipped to the dealer on Friday 8/30.

I actually searched for salvage Regals but all the ones I found had damage in the front of the vehicle.

My car should be delivered on Tuesday. GM customer care called me on Friday to say that they have been watching the shipment of the grille and that it has landed at the dealer. Customer care was going to pay for my maintenance appointment, but with Buick your visit is covered anyways. (My car is so new it hasn't even had its first oil change.) So they are attempting to approve $500 voucher for GM accessories. What I do appreciate is the fact they understood that this was becoming a major inconvenience to my ability to control my finances.

I do worry about what part availability will be for Opel specific parts for our cars. The parts that are produced from GM for its multiple lines of vehicles, there is not a worry. I hope this isn't a foreshadowing of what is to happen to anyone that keeps their cars for more than 3 years.
This has nothing to do with the car being built in Germany etc. There has been problem getting many parts for most GM vehicles all summer as there is a problem at the parts distribution plant in Pontiac, MI related to the computer system. Work with a bunch of dealers in the Cleveland area and they are all having the same headache. Can't get even the most simple parts and customer vehicles are sitting for several weeks waiting to be repaired.

Technicians and service departments are frustrated but it should be corrected soon. 🤞

stembridge

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX Essence
This has nothing to do with the car being built in Germany etc. There has been problem getting many parts for most GM vehicles all summer as there is a problem at the parts distribution plant in Pontiac, MI related to the computer system. Work with a bunch of dealers in the Cleveland area and they are all having the same headache. Can't get even the most simple parts and customer vehicles are sitting for several weeks waiting to be repaired.

Technicians and service departments are frustrated but it should be corrected soon. 🤞
Same story over on another forum I haunt for my SS. Someone with connections confirmed this to be the case.

es

Lt0302

Buick Ownership
Regal Sportsback GS
If anyone needs a grille, regular not GS, I have one used!

Pedal Commander