• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Nav Update

Fcar1953

Pittsburgh Pa
Buick Ownership
14 Lacrosse Premium AWD 15 Enclave Premium
Has anyone had their nav updated thru the dealer? Mine is a 2015 Enclave that needs to be done thru the dealer. They take the vin, order the stick then they down load. First try failed, I was told GM sent them a bad stick. Blamed it on the strike. Some cockamamie story i did not understand. Ive been waiting over 2 weeks for a second try. So has any one had any luck with their dealers. My wife's 14 Lacrosse was easy. I sent to GM for it, it came and i down loaded it. I don't know what the deal is with the Enclaves. Sorry wrong page. Any way it can be moved

Last edited:

tombalas

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Lacrosse Leather
I was able to update the nav myself by ordering the USB stick directly from GM - it does require that you provide the VIN. But since I've switched over to Waze and to a lesser extent Google Maps, I rarely use the car's NAV system any longer, so the $100+ I spent on the USB stick was sort of wasted.

mikeam

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
FYI - I just updated the NAV software on my 2013 LaCrosse Touring to the latest version for my VIN. New NAV version is 2017. Cost $159+shipping ($10) it comes on a USB stick. It will tell you this below when your checking out:

Click the link GM | Link below, have your VIN handy and it will tell you if you have a newer version able...

QuantityProduct descriptionPriceTotal
GM - Connected Nav Radio System Map Update (13) V.2017
Item #: 84024267
Vehicle Identification Number: xxxxxxxxxxxx
$ 159.99$ 159.99
Delivery method: United States Ground

Link: GM | HERE

Alfer

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore
Wow, that's nuts paying $159 for a map that is that old! I'd stick with Google maps (free) or get any number of budget GPS devices (can get a nice one for the $159) that offer free LIFETIME maps and in some cases traffic is included.

Don't waste $159 on ancient maps.

Pedal Commander