Nav update

nlacomb

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Question about the navigation disc updates GM offers.... Had anyone ever updated theirs? I honestly don’t care about the navigation because I use my phone, however there are a ton of speed limits that are wrong or non-existent that show in my dash (16’ GS) that I would like to be updated. Would the nav update include the speed limit changes that appear in the dash?

mitchflorida

Buick Newbie
South Florida
Buick Ownership
2016 Summit White Regal, Premium II, Moonroof, Driver Confidence Package
Question about the navigation disc updates GM offers.... Had anyone ever updated theirs? I honestly don’t care about the navigation because I use my phone, however there are a ton of speed limits that are wrong or non-existent that show in my dash (16’ GS) that I would like to be updated. Would the nav update include the speed limit changes that appear in the dash?
Why not use Google Maps on Android Auto?

nlacomb

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Why not use Google Maps on Android Auto?
I have an iPhone and use Apple carplay, but it doesn’t display the speed on the screen like it does on the phone.

White Diamond Verano

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2016 Regal Premium II, Crimson Red
I have an iPhone and use Apple carplay, but it doesn’t display the speed on the screen like it does on the phone.

I use carplay also. It depends on the app you use. Waze shows speed all the time. Google Maps only shows the speed when you have a destination entered.

MKz2017PremII

Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Regal Premium II AWD Turbo
I use my GM Nav System often and prefer it over Android Auto's Nav Sys, mostly for arms-length ease of use and a few other reasons. As a matter of fact I just rec'd a special promotion--good through 16 Oct--from GM offering a $60 savings on there updated Nav System, available on a USB stick for easy installation...just $99. Not sure if that's a fair price or not, but it seems like a good and convenient value to me. You may want to call them (866-347-6110) to see if the special offer would be available to you; it's compatible w the 2016-17 Regals only. Good luck!

nlacomb

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I use my GM Nav System often and prefer it over Android Auto's Nav Sys, mostly for arms-length ease of use and a few other reasons. As a matter of fact I just rec'd a special promotion--good through 16 Oct--from GM offering a $60 savings on there updated Nav System, available on a USB stick for easy installation...just $99. Not sure if that's a fair price or not, but it seems like a good and convenient value to me. You may want to call them (866-347-6110) to see if the special offer would be available to you; it's compatible w the 2016-17 Regals only. Good luck!

Yeah I got the same email promotion, which spark my interest!

bugspop1

Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal Premium I - 2.0L Turbo
I supposedly already have the most current Update available.
My Regal is a 2015 but I've changed out the HMI and Radio Module for the Car Play/Android Auto Option.
The New HMI and Radio Module came from a 2016 or 2017 GMC or Chevy Truck.
Yes, I know the Regal isn't a Truck, but the Modules are interchangeable after having them Reprogrammed to your VIN Number.
I had them Reprogrammed at White Automotive and Media Services.
I had the Navigation updated with the 2020 Navigation Update at that time for $49.99.

MKz2017PremII

Buick Ownership
I supposedly already have the most current Update available.
My Regal is a 2015 but I've changed out the HMI and Radio Module for the Car Play/Android Auto Option.
The New HMI and Radio Module came from a 2016 or 2017 GMC or Chevy Truck.
Yes, I know the Regal isn't a Truck, but the Modules are interchangeable after having them Reprogrammed to your VIN Number.
I had them Reprogrammed at White Automotive and Media Services.
I had the Navigation updated with the 2020 Navigation Update at that time for $49.99.
Like it?...does it include speed limits?

bugspop1

Buick Ownership
Haven't really had time to play with it yet.
My car has been in the shop since last Friday and I didn't drive it for a week or so before that.
There was a clunking noise and my son said I shouldn't drive it, so I just parked it.
I didn't know for sure what it was and was afraid I'd do even more damage to it, so I just parked it.

The only trip I've taken since the Upgrade I used Google Maps on the way there and Apple Maps on the way back.
I am planning on trying out the Factory Navigation as well as Waze, just want to figure out which I like best.

Where would the Speed Limit be displayed if it is working?
I know I've seen the Speed Limit Sign in the Driver Information Center in the Instrument Cluster, I've never played with it, maybe I should?
In the 2020 Regal Loaner Car I've been driving the past week, a Speed Limit Sign shows up in the Driver Information Center to the left, next to the MPH.
I believe that Speed Limit Sign to the Left shows the Speed Limit of the Road you are on.
I'm sure it uses the NAV System for this information!

Below is a Picture of what you see in the 2020 when driving.
If you have a Speed Limit set, if you go over the speed limit you've set, a message comes up letting you know.
The message covers the whole screen and won't go away until you get down to or under the Speed Limit you set.

2020speedlimit.jpg

MKz2017PremII

Buick Ownership
Haven't really had time to play with it yet.
My car has been in the shop since last Friday and I didn't drive it for a week or so before that.
There was a clunking noise and my son said I shouldn't drive it, so I just parked it.
I didn't know for sure what it was and was afraid I'd do even more damage to it, so I just parked it.

The only trip I've taken since the Upgrade I used Google Maps on the way there and Apple Maps on the way back.
I am planning on trying out the Factory Navigation as well as Waze, just want to figure out which I like best.

Where would the Speed Limit be displayed if it is working?
I know I've seen the Speed Limit Sign in the Driver Information Center in the Instrument Cluster, I've never played with it, maybe I should?
In the 2020 Regal Loaner Car I've been driving the past week, a Speed Limit Sign shows up in the Driver Information Center to the left, next to the MPH.
I believe that Speed Limit Sign to the Left shows the Speed Limit of the Road you are on.
I'm sure it uses the NAV System for this information!

Below is a Picture of what you see in the 2020 when driving.
If you have a Speed Limit set, if you go over the speed limit you've set, a message comes up letting you know.
The message covers the whole screen and won't go away until you get down to or under the Speed Limit you set.

View attachment 25620
Enjoy your 2020 Regal loaner now because there won't be a 2021. I haven't used my nav recently because I, too, haven't been driving much..sad to say. I'll check it for the speed limit indicator and let you know.

bugspop1

Buick Ownership
Thought I was going to have my car back today.
I will have had this Loaner for a Week as of tomorrow.
He did tell me it was done yesterday, not sure what the holdup is?

I do like driving the Loaner Car, still can't believe they're doing away with it and almost all other of GM's Sedans.
What about people that have trouble getting into an SUV or Truck?
I'm not there yet, but after 4 back surgeries I'm sure I'll be there one of these days.
I was telling my neighbor, I have trouble getting Into my wife's SUV, no trouble getting out.
I also have trouble getting out of my Regal, it's fairly easy to get in!

agaric

Buick Newbie
Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2017 Regal GS AWD Crimson Red Tint Coat
The new company whip I'm driving is a Ford Transit Connect and it has the best "step in" entry I've ever experienced. Totally blah except as a hauler of stuff but VERY easy to get in to.

bugspop1

Buick Ownership
Just Googled the Ford Transit Connect, that's one Ugly critter.
I'll just stick with my Regal as long as I can!
I may one day be forced to look elsewhere, but for now I still can get in and out of the Regal.
Probably wouldn't have dumped $1000 into the Car Play/Android Auto Upgrade is I wasn't going to keep it.
I was very stubborn and wanted to keep the Factory Navigation, even paid the Extra $49.99 for the 2020 Update!
Could have had the CP/AA Upgrade much cheaper if I hadn't have been so stubborn having to keep the Factory NAV.

I think of it this way: What if I'm traveling and my Phone stops charging and then dies (yes, that would be just my luck)!
At least I have the Factory Navigation as a reliable Backup, just in case, plus it's Updated and has all the New Roads for 2020.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!