Navigation DVD is now $40 off

rodeman

Phoenix
Buick Ownership
Buick LaCrosse
I received an email offer today from GM for Fathers Day that has the 2011 nav DVD $40 off. The new cost is $159.99 if you want to buy one. I have no idea if this is a worthwhile update or not. I don't know what has changed and to be honest, I'm unsure if that's the same disc I already have loaded in the unit.

Thought you all might be interested in seeing it.

You should be able to get to the discount by following this link if you want to see it: http://www.gmnavdisc.com/?utm_source=renew_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=fathers-day

jimbo56

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buffalo, NY
Buick Ownership
2010 Buick LaCrosse CSX
I wonder what the release date of the DVD is, and how current the map information is. If I recall, the previous navigation disk had the same database as the old one which made it basically useless.

Also, my dealer recently did a software update to fix the well-documented navigation system problems. I am curious to know if the update also included updated map information. If someone takes advantage of this GM offer, would you please post the software and map database version numbers? Thanks.

InfiniteImp

Toronto, ON
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2015 Infiniti Q50 AWD Sport Hybrid
Last time this came up, another member said that basically it's not worth the money.. they made minor changes to the nav functionality itself, but not in the map data. Apparently streets missing from the original nav on their vehicle were still missing on the new update.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!