Need 235/70R15 white wall tires !

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
Wow, thanks for the feedback. Fortunately, I have like new set of Hankook 235/70/15 WW on my RM now, which have less than 2K miles put on them during the last 2-yrs. I better take good care of these! :)

Attachments

• DSCN1937.jpg
    DSCN1937.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCN1938-1.jpg
    DSCN1938-1.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I need to check in more often. Back to the whitewall tire hunt.

When I had my 91 RMW it came with 225/75-15 wsw tires. Loud and noisy tires from some Big O shop. The only tire available with wsw was Firestone 370 in 225/75-15.

Instead of 'settling' for cheap tires I decided to change the wheels to a set of Buick Rally's from a 69 Electra and put 235/70-15 raised white letter Indy Firehawks. The speedometer had no real noticeable difference and the wagon sway was reduced. Lost some of the cushy float for highway trips but a more than fair tradeoff.

I don't recommend the Firestone 370 (225/75R15) as I did not buy it. I do highly recommend the Firehawk (235/70R15) as it really was a compatible tire for a heavy car at highway speed, and quiet. Great in rain and snow. Also, a 235/75R15 is nowhere near the correct fit.

Personally, I'd never skimp on tire quality for aesthetics. It's a generic black sidewall world we're left to embrace. *SIGH*

V8Pacer

Westford MA
Buick Ownership
Buick
GTRadiala.jpg GTRadialb.jpg

Here they are. These were in production late last year.

Griswold

Buick Ownership
Buick Roadmaster
There can be quite a bit of variance in dimensions, both height and width, for tires that are the same size. I have a 96 RMW which now has Goodyear Regatta WW in the stock size (225-75-15) which rub when the steering is full lock. Solution is to just not turn the steering full lock. Compared to the OEM Michelins, the Regattas are about 1" wider. Another set I had (same size) were about 1" narrower than the Michelins. There is also a difference in height, but only by about 1/2" in diameter, and some of that was because the Regattas were new and the Michelins worn.

Griswold

Buick Ownership
Buick Roadmaster
P.S. You might want to try calling individual shops who might have old stock that isn't listed online.

Last November I was getting tires for another vehicle at my place in Florida. The tires I got weren't listed online (but were name brand and fresh). While they were being installed I noticed they had a set of 225-75-15 WW on display (forget the brand). Looked online and they had nothing in that size, other than for light trucks. If I needed a set, I would have snapped them up.

Regal LTD Coupe

Buick Ownership
1993 Buick Regal Limited coupe 3800 (& 1990 Lincoln LSC SE)
I'm curious why you would reply to a 6 year old post that is dead and already answered ?
You haven't come to the realization that most people who do this don't actually know the thread is that old? Also, as the population of internet users age; many of them might not find 6 years to have been that long ago, in contrast to perhaps an 18 year old internet user who 6 years ago would have been 12.

Since I'm replying to this thread, I will say I have had good experience with SimpleTire but do not recommend buying one of the many off (China) brands they sell.

agaric

Buick Newbie
Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2017 Regal GS AWD Crimson Red Tint Coat
I get that, I was just hoping for a reason for not even seeing the multiple answers already posted.

Oh wait!!! I do know why :cry:

1992RML

Buick Ownership
1992 Buick Roadmaster Limited
Hankook 235/70/R15 w/ Whitewalls purchased online from Walmart 04/2019. As for today with the phony Corona Virus lockdown I do not know . Check the Walmart online site . Check link below

Last edited:
Get your turbo buick badge right here!