• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Need a replacement key fob

BajaGTO

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Just bought a 2018 TourX last night and the owner only had one key. So...now I only have one key

Saw a couple of posts about keys, but I am more confused now, then I was when I started.

2 questions:

1. Where is the best place to get a new key fob?
2. Owner's manual lists a way to program it if you only have one key. Anyone been successful in this? Any tips or tricks?

Thanks!

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

lLePunisherl

Quebec,Canada
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal GS 2019

danzig997

47°40′10″N 122°7′26″W
Buick Ownership
TourX Essence with Opel Insignia DNA.

Keyfob had to be program by the dealer.
GM dealer will not touch the aftermarket key fob from Amazon.

This listing is for OEM proximity smart key
FCC ID: HYQ4EA
IC: 1551A-4EA
P/N: 13521090 / 13532751

With pwr lift gate. Labeled: 13521090. Regal TourX. With remote start. With hands-free liftgate. This part requires programming and/or special setup procedures. GM Service Information describes the procedures and special tools needed to ensure proper operation in the vehicle. Manufactured to GM OE specification for fit, form, and function.

Last edited:

Buick Ownership
Tour x
Just bought a 2018 TourX last night and the owner only had one key. So...now I only have one key

Saw a couple of posts about keys, but I am more confused now, then I was when I started.

2 questions:

1. Where is the best place to get a new key fob?
2. Owner's manual lists a way to program it if you only have one key. Anyone been successful in this? Any tips or tricks?

Thanks!
You can program a new key but you must have all keys that came with the car when it was new and any other keys that have been previously programmed to your car. If you don't have all of the keys you will have to go to the stealer. Instructions are in the ownders manual. Be patient when doing this. I had to try 3 times but it eventually worked. Make sure that you purchase the exact key for your car or it will not work. Forget about aftermarket keys, they won't program. I store an extra key in a magnetic key holder attached to the inside of the rear bumper in case I lose a key while out and about . Make sure you remove the battery from this key.

danzig997

47°40′10″N 122°7′26″W
Buick Ownership
I had also one factory key/fob. Locksmith programmed 2 additional fobs for my Tourx which I got online (OEM). Due to GM security measurements, it takes at least 12 minutes to add each key to BCM. Also, make sure that the fob CR2032 battery is fresh. One of my new fobs had a dead battery.

Programming takes about 30 minutes without the car running so ensure you have enough battery life. If you don’t you should hook your car up to jumper cables or a charger that can handle those specs. If the battery dies during programming you will have to start completely over.

bollox74

Savannah, GA
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
FYI there is an emergency access key in the fob if the battery runs out on the fob. The top of the fob slides out to reveal a key that can open the doors (using the hidden lock cylinder in the door handle)

danzig997

47°40′10″N 122°7′26″W
Buick Ownership
FYI there is an emergency access key in the fob if the battery runs out on the fob. The top of the fob slides out to reveal a key that can open the doors (using the hidden lock cylinder in the door handle)
I was talking about adding/programming additional keys/fobs to BCM, an emergency access key that opens only the driver's door has nothing to do with the fob programming procedure.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I have erased ALL fobs from the cars memory and programmed new ones. It is NOT necessary to take the vehicle to the dealership for programming. You must simply follow the programming steps for the scenario where all of the original fobs have been lost.

I highly recommend buying the OEM fob from either GM Parts Direct or eBay. Even if it is used, it will work fine.

There are other existing threads on this topic. It will take patience and you must follow the instructions in the manual exactly. If the instructions seem daunting, just take it to the dealer.