• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Need a source for engine mount parts - 1997 3.8 (not Ultra)

FMiller01

Buick Ownership
1997 Park Avenue
I'm putting an old '97 Park Ave with only 77,000 miles on it back on the road, but I found that one of the mounting studs on the right side is sheared at the engine block (No. 22 in the GM Parts diagram) and a spacer for another stud (No. 32) is missing. I've tried a couple of wrecking yards in the area, but they weren't much help and they are a discontinued part per GM. Are there any alternative sources?

Also, am I going to have to pull the engine to get the remains of that broken stud out?

G-643489

My local GM dealer made a printout for me from his online system. I’m not smart enough to upload a copy here.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
Is that a trans mount, torque strut, or engine mount? To the OP, I do not understand exactly where the broken parts are?? Can you give us more details?

FMiller01

Buick Ownership
1997 Park Avenue
I found the parts diagram online. Stud #22 is sheared off at the block, and the spacer #32 (or maybe #30, its is at the top of the mount) is missing.

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged)
Ahh, this design changed in 2000 iirc, as I was mad i had to work with this on my 1999.
Stud 22 has spacer 21, or do you have that spacer? This engine mount is a pain in the butt, but 1997-1999 should have this in common. Mine does. If I still had my last park avenue that I sold for its engine I would have kept it, as the owner wasnt putting it in the year range with that mount. Or park avenue. But alas too late. 1581756921914.png
This is the top down view, correct?

Im a little disappointed now... seeing this type of mount cannot be bought from my own googling. The only thing I could see is retrofit the 2000+ design, but Im not sure what changed to incorporate thatand what all varies. I know the cabin air filter also goes in the cowl instead of under dash in center. Damn. Well if you can get the stud and sleev, the bushing could always be substituted or enhanced with that hard plastic rubber that people like because it lasts longer, even though its stiffer. Commonly used for performance on transmission mounts to limit torque steer and on suspension mounts to prevent future replacement. Cant think of the name though. Basically, you get it in a liquid form and you put a whole b unch in the openings of the bushing and around it, bolt it in and let it set. It causes it to be reinforced. I saw a video on it.
I know it makes them stiffer and thus more vibration, but if the rubber is shot and we cant get new mounts, I can only imagine used ones are on their way.

Also, if the bolt is in anyway still outside the engine, you should be able to extract it with vice grips and heat. Careful because thats timing cover area i believe. But you can get vice grips on it and clamp REAL hard and get it to back out. If no access, you would have to remove engine Id think to e-z out.

FMiller01

Buick Ownership
1997 Park Avenue
I'm going to keep making the rounds at the Pick-N-Pull's, somebody has to have those parts. Stud 22 is sheared flush with the block, but the broken stud can't move much so the spacer is still there. The top stud is intact, but has no spacer for some reason. Looks like I'm going to have to pull the engine. The car was a grandma's car and sat for about 5 years at her daughter's before I came along and bought it. I ran a CarFax on it after I bought it and verified the mileage, no collisions and that I'm the third owner. Just can't figure out why these parts are missing

Turbo Buick Badge