Need help 2010 Buick Enclave Navigational map update disc

Chette777

Buick Ownership
2010 Buick Enclave
I bought two GM navigational map DVD's and sent back the first because it kept give a DVD Read Error. The one that came brand new with our car in 2010 was p/n #20883771, and we bought the updated DVD from a certified Dealer and it was p/n #23286667 but it wont read. As I said we sent back the first one he dealer and us thinking it was the DVD but after getting the new replacement it didn't read either.

The buick dealer says they can replace the whole navigation/Sterio/cd/dvd/usb unit for around $2 grand. They could not tell us why the new disc wont work. They suggested I call the GM Nav company at an 800# who then referred us to another 800#. Once again I explained the problem of needing to get the updated map DVD because it did not have all the new roads and stuff on the east coast of Virginia. So we paid $269 for the replacement that GM says will work but it never worked so we exchanged it for another and it still wont work. The Girl on the phone told me it could not be updated more than once. So informed her we had not updated it at all before and we were just now 9 years later updating it when we realized it was not showing the correct highways in Virginia beach to Norfolk area, that has changed since 2010.

Can anyone help us with this issue otherwise I will send back the DVD. Seeing the only option is to replace the nav/radio/XM/c/dvd/usb unit.

Was there a firmware update that is needed with the nav unit in order for it to accept the latest and last update maps for our vehicle?

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Bonze72

Buick Ownership
Lesabre
Yes it still reads, but the maps are not updated
Ok was just curious if you had a bad dvd reader I wouldn’t pay that much for a new radio if it was the dvd I’ve replaced a few drives for less

Chette777

Buick Ownership
2010 Buick Enclave
Ok was just curious if you had a bad dvd reader I wouldn’t pay that much for a new radio if it was the dvd I’ve replaced a few drives for less
I am just trying to figure out why the DVD Buick sells is not reading. I can read it with my DVD player on my computer so I know it is not the disc. It reads my old one and so I know it is not the dvd reader in the car. They even told me this was the DVD to buy to replace the original that came with my SUV but it just wont read.

I am stumped, and the girl with the GMNav.com didn't seem to understand or know the product and pretty much told me I need to buy another one which I already had it. She just didn't seem interested in helping me solve the issue.

Do you know how to update the firmware of the nav system? or if there is even one available?

Thanks for your replies.

Bonze72

Buick Ownership
Lesabre
I am just trying to figure out why the DVD Buick sells is not reading. I can read it with my DVD player on my computer so I know it is not the disc. It reads my old one and so I know it is not the dvd reader in the car. They even told me this was the DVD to buy to replace the original that came with my SUV but it just wont read.

I am stumped, and the girl with the GMNav.com didn't seem to understand or know the product and pretty much told me I need to buy another one which I already had it. She just didn't seem interested in helping me solve the issue.

Do you know how to update the firmware of the nav system? or if there is even one available?

Thanks for your replies.
I’ve always been Abel to use a new disc in most cases I use a company called united radio you can look them up and tell them your problem and they will be Abel to tell you if they can update it or if it can’t be only bad thing is you’ll have to remove it and mail it to them they have techs in New York and Charlotte nc and usually pretty fast

Bruiser

Buick Ownership
Enclace
I have similar problem. My 11' Enclave sometimes reads map but mostly shows "Read Error". Tried a Best Buy Laser Disc cleaner (Only one they offer) but didn't work. Disc states that it's not for "Slot" players. Tried cleaning laser lens with no luck. Many users online had good luck with this extended cue tip and alcohol.
I'm surprised that their isn't more posts on this subject. DVD Mapping Systems have been around for over 20+ years. I live in Detroit Suburb and I can't seem to find any Electronic shop that is interested. Buick service won't give any info as they tell me to bring it in, which means $$$$. The complete unit is quite easy to remove but then what.
Tried using my Nav disc from my 03' Deville but it won't work in Buick. Different part # & It is a revision 1.3 versus Buick revision 9.3(8 yr. difference).
Anyone help?

Fcar1953

Pittsburgh Pa
Buick Ownership
14 Lacrosse Premium AWD 2021 Enclave Premium AWD
This thread is 4 years old.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
I have similar problem. My 11' Enclave sometimes reads map but mostly shows "Read Error". Tried a Best Buy Laser Disc cleaner (Only one they offer) but didn't work. Disc states that it's not for "Slot" players. Tried cleaning laser lens with no luck. Many users online had good luck with this extended cue tip and alcohol.
I'm surprised that their isn't more posts on this subject. DVD Mapping Systems have been around for over 20+ years. I live in Detroit Suburb and I can't seem to find any Electronic shop that is interested. Buick service won't give any info as they tell me to bring it in, which means $$$$. The complete unit is quite easy to remove but then what.
Tried using my Nav disc from my 03' Deville but it won't work in Buick. Different part # & It is a revision 1.3 versus Buick revision 9.3(8 yr. difference).
Anyone help?
Call this company