Need Help Finding Rear Brake Lines

Ultra Ego

St. Paul, MN
Buick Ownership
2003 Park Avenue Ultra, 2003 LeSabre Limited; Previous: 2003 LeSabre Custom; 1998 Park Avenue
The rear brake lines on my '03 PAU finally rusted badly, and one is slowly leaking, so I will replace them both. They are leaking near the ABS unit, just after the flex coupling, although the portion attaching to the ABS unit is also rusty, so it has to be replaced too.

I cannot find a source for these lines, either through places that sell GM parts online, or Rock Auto, or the national parts chains.

I even have my doubts as to whether it is available any more through the dealer.

How did you handle replacement? Did you make your own, or did you make the front portion with a line union?

I need to get these replaced this week, so any advice you can give me would be appreciated.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Try this company, there's others out there online but I've had good service, parts are good quality and fit.

Ultra Ego

St. Paul, MN
Buick Ownership
2003 Park Avenue Ultra, 2003 LeSabre Limited; Previous: 2003 LeSabre Custom; 1998 Park Avenue
Thank you very much. I'll check them out right now.

Ultra Ego

St. Paul, MN
Buick Ownership
Try this company, there's others out there online but I've had good service, parts are good quality and fit.

Bummer. They have a nice line set, but mine has Traction Control, and they don't have a set for that. Any other sources I could check?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Here's another company but I have no experience with them. Of course making your own lines is a option, but tube flairing and bending tools along with abilities can be considered.

Dorman may also be something to check.

Ultra Ego

St. Paul, MN
Buick Ownership
Here's another company but I have no experience with them. Of course making your own lines is a option, but tube flairing and bending tools along with abilities can be considered.

Dorman may also be something to check.

Yes!! They have them. Thank you!

Ultra Ego

St. Paul, MN
Buick Ownership
I just make my own. I have been using the new nickel/copper brake line. It is very easy to work with, and very affordable with fittings on Amazon. It also helps to have a quality flaring tool. I bought one years ago from Mastercool.

Thank you. That's a good option. I haven't worked with the nickel/copper, but it's looking like I will have to make my own.

I thought I found a complete set of stainless steel lines on InlineTube.com. They do have a set for ABS 2000-2005 PAs, but not the set for ABS + Traction Control. Given the ability to make my own, I don't even have the desire to spend the time studying the difference between the two sets to see how they differ.

But, if anyone knows the difference between ABS and ABS + Traction Control, please let me know so I can see if maybe I can use the ABS set for most of the lines, and maybe make a few of the lines myself.

Thank you.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
All stainless steel and no leaks or fitment problems, could be the end user or poor quality SS products. But then again nickel/copper brake line can be bad fitting or leak because of wrong type flare, improperly made flare, fittings or cheap tools by end users also lol.

LARRY70GS

Oakland Gardens, N.Y.
Buick Ownership
98 Riviera, 70 GS455 Stg1
All stainless steel and no leaks or fitment problems, could be the end user or poor quality SS products. But then again nickel/copper brake line can be bad fitting or leak because of wrong type flare, improperly made flare, fittings or cheap tools by end users also lol.
Could be, but the amount of times I have read about the sealing problems tells me that it is more common than not. You do have to be careful with nickle/copper in that it is softer, so you have to be careful not to overdue the force when flaring it. My Riv uses bubble flares, so it is a one step process.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Again if someone uses Harbor Freight tools and getting there supplies from Home Depot it's a pretty good bet they can scew up any type of line material, they may also believe that Roadkill is instructional automotive repair show.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Don't need to Google it, I have SS brake, gas, EVAP and transmission lines with no problems. Yes SS does require additional attention, but I'm not suggesting SS is the only option, make lines out of coated or nickle/copper whatever, use quality tools, know what flares are required and use the proper connection fittings.

LARRY70GS

Oakland Gardens, N.Y.
Buick Ownership
98 Riviera, 70 GS455 Stg1
Don't need to Google it, I have SS brake, gas, EVAP and transmission lines with no problems. Yes SS does require additional attention, but I'm not suggesting SS is the only option, make lines out of coated or nickle/copper whatever, use quality tools, know what flares are required and use the proper connection fittings.
Agreed.

Regal LTD Coupe

Buick Ownership
1993 Buick Regal Limited coupe 3800 (& 1990 Lincoln LSC SE)
A shop fabricated and installed a rear line on my Cadillac. It was quick and cheap (maybe $170 cash).

Get your turbo buick badge right here!