NEED HELP: Verano wont start and has no electricity

TommieG60

Buick Ownership
Buick Verano 2012
My 2012 buick verano (leather) wont start and has no electricity, if i jump the battery it clicks, kinda sounds like it wants to start but wont and the power will stay on for a little while but eventually dies! im not sure why so im looking to see if anybody has any knowledge on it or has been through this before. i was told i need a new motor but not sure if i do or not! please help

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
You are describing a very dead battery or poor battery connection.
Remove the battery and have it load tested and check the battery terminals.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

ottolinx

Buick Ownership
Verano 2012
My 2012 buick verano (leather) wont start and has no electricity, if i jump the battery it clicks, kinda sounds like it wants to start but wont and the power will stay on for a little while but eventually dies! im not sure why so im looking to see if anybody has any knowledge on it or has been through this before. i was told i need a new motor but not sure if i do or not! please help
I'm having the same problem but I have not been able to start fixing . I have done some research and found other owners with the same or similar symptoms. Based on what I have read the most , it could be a glitch to the motherboard caused by the alarm system . Some owners were told that it was the starter or the alternator . Some people replaced these and kept on having the same problem . My guess to fix this is trying to reset ( or disable in the worst case scenario) the alarm system and checking all the fuses and a little black box located in the fuse area . Since I have another car , I have not found the time to play with it . Please let me know if you already fix it or if my guess will work. .
Thanks

O2bcre8ive2

Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Verano
I had this issue with my 2013 Verano (leather). I thought it was my keyfob battery when it didn't start remotely. Then I thought it was the car battery when I discovered nothing was working. Turned out, the blind side detection system failed and caused the whole electrical system to go out.