• If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense...

Need Help with my 1966 Buick Riviera

des

Buick Ownership
1966 Buick riviera
Hi, i am rebuilding a 1966 Buick riviera and find that some parts are difficult to obtain. Currently i am trying to locate a manufacturer of the following part:
I have a 1966 Buick Riviera that I am currently re building.

on the rear window section there is a bracket that the rear window closes into that is situated in the roof section. this bracket is about 25" long, metal folded and with rubber vulcanised onto the edge of the bracket to help seal the rear quarter window. there are 2 brackets - 1 on each side of the vehicle and they are purpose made for each side. These brackets are also used on the 1967 Buick and I am sure other similar Buicks would also use them.

If you look at the photos, you will see where it fits into the vehicle – RIGHT AT THE VERY END OF THE WINDOW – SEE photo 5738

5729 SHOWS THE FITTING IN PLACE READY TO SEAL THE REAR WINDOW WHEN IT IS CLOSED.

5730 SHOWS THE EMPTY SPACE AND THE GLASS IN SITU.

5727 SHOW PART PLACEMENT OF THE WEATHERSTRIP.

5675 AND 5676 SHOW THE DAMAGED PARTS.

I hope the above explains the part I require and hope you can assist.

thanks

Des Johnson

Attachments