• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Need Your Help Diagnosing This Siren

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal

Trying to help someone out over on Facebook. His car sounds this siren intermittently when remote started but before he actually gets in the car.

What's weird is that as far as I can tell any time the siren is sounding the horn should also be if it's the alarm but his is just the siren.

Any ideas???

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
It sounds like an aftermarket unit, the installer would need to diagnose the problem. The aftermarket unit will not necessarily set off the car horn.

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia (with a Buick radio)
A siren isn't standard equipment--normally the horn would/does sound if something untoward is occurring. So as MelsRegal says, it's an aftermarket system; trouble shooting should focus on what inputs to the added system are tripping the alarm along with a quick check that the chassis ground is properly connected to the unit. Could be that there is some input that should be pulled high or low that instead was left floating.

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
It sounds like an aftermarket unit, the installer would need to diagnose the problem. The aftermarket unit will not necessarily set off the car horn.
No this is not aftermarket 🤦‍♂️.

I guess not many people have heard their siten before but it's definitely STOCK in all of our cars. If you'd like to hear yours you can sit in your car, click the LOCK button on your FOB 2x (within 5 sec) and then open the door using the handle WITHOUT unlocking it first

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
A siren isn't standard equipment--normally the horn would/does sound if something untoward is occurring. So as MelsRegal says, it's an aftermarket system; trouble shooting should focus on what inputs to the added system are tripping the alarm along with a quick check that the chassis ground is properly connected to the unit. Could be that there is some input that should be pulled high or low that instead was left floating.
Look below... I'll post my video so you can hear mine... Both of ours were bought brand new from the dealerships in two different states

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
Here's my recreation trying to help him out earlier...

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
Maybe it's a 2018 thing--sitting in my car, lock doors with remote, wait a bit & open the door--no sounds (other than the door open chime) but did get 'remote left in vehicle' message.

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
Maybe it's a 2018 thing--sitting in my car, lock doors with remote, wait a bit & open the door--no sounds (other than the door open chime) but did get 'remote left in vehicle' message.
Did you click lock 2x so it beeps? There's a difference between 1 press and 2

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
It's called Deadbolt mode

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
If you open the driver's window, exit vehicle and lock the door. Then you reach into the car and unlock using the inside handle. Alarm will sound.

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
OK, double tapped the lock button on the remote. As in your video you have to pull the door handle twice to open; only difference is that I didn't get the 'remote left...' message with the double tap. Horn wouldn't sound (not unexpected--see below) but no siren either.

;)Boy, those red needle cars...

(I've rewired the horn on my car because it honked too much (horn circuit now bypasses the BCM--goes direct from horn switch (steering wheel) to horn relay coil.)

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
OK, double tapped the lock button on the remote. As in your video you have to pull the door handle twice to open; only difference is that I didn't get the 'remote left...' message with the double tap. Horn wouldn't sound (not unexpected--see below) but no siren either.

;)Boy, those red needle cars...

(I've rewired the horn on my car because it honked too much (horn circuit now bypasses the BCM--goes direct from horn switch (steering wheel) to horn relay coil.)
You rewired your car 😱

That's a new one... Makes sense though

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
OK--since the siren is factory, the problem would point to the BCM--but don't know if it's just 'well we sounded the horn & nobody did anything--let's try a siren' as in a fixed delay switch, or whether the 'siren mode' has it's own inputs to initiate...

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
You know, I am more confused on why only the siren is heard but not the horn.
Is the horn fuse intact?

Turbo Buick Badge