• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Need Your Help Diagnosing This Siren

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
OK--since the siren is factory, the problem would point to the BCM--but don't know if it's just 'well we sounded the horn & nobody did anything--let's try a siren' as in a fixed delay switch, or whether the 'siren mode' has it's own inputs to initiate...
Not sure... But the guy with the problem had no horn and just the siren and all only when the vehicle is remote started and sitting idle

My guess is a hood, door or truck switch but that's just a guess

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
You know, I am more confused on why only the siren is heard but not the horn.
Is the horn fuse intact?
He said his horn is functioning correctly

I'm trying to double check with him

Last edited:

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
The siren is 100% a thing. I have activated it a couple times in my 2019 white needle. I have activated mine just as @Irock1985 has explained.

And let me tell you what, it's quite loud and very unpleasant...

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
The siren is 100% a thing. I have activated it a couple times in my 2019 white needle. I have activated mine just as @Irock1985 has explained.

And let me tell you what, it's quite loud and very unpleasant...
Yeah I tested a bunch this morning... Pretty sure my neighbors hate me now lol

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
You know, I am more confused on why only the siren is heard but not the horn.
Is the horn fuse intact?
Ok so I had him double check and he gets the normal alarm when doing the steps we mentioned above. So the horn is functioning properly. So this siren must be some type of indication of something

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Ok so I had him double check and he gets the normal alarm when doing the steps we mentioned above. So the horn is functioning properly. So this siren must be some type of indication of something
I don't think our car has cabin interior motion sensors.
But it sounds like one.

Buick Ownership
New Tourx Owner
My 2018 Red needle sat for 1 week unlocked in the garage. this morning I got in and it was dead. No lights or horn. Opened the hood and a few minutes later the siren sounded for a few minutes stopped and sounded again. Still wont start and no lights. Fob does nothing. any suggestions.

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
My 2018 Red needle sat for 1 week unlocked in the garage. this morning I got in and it was dead. No lights or horn. Opened the hood and a few minutes later the siren sounded for a few minutes stopped and sounded again. Still wont start and no lights. Fob does nothing. any suggestions.
Maybe..... The battery just died. Replace it.

And yeah when the battery is dead like that it can make the siren in alarm go off

Silverarrow

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
1963 Riviera, 2020 TourX Essence
I was taught years ago when trying to solve a problem, "always check your assumptions".

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners