• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Need Your Help Diagnosing This Siren

Buick Ownership
New Tourx Owner
The dealer had replaced the battery in December 2019. Today they found the battery to be OK but discharged. Dealer checked for and did not find any current draw. Maybe the car thought I should stay home for another week and is trying to enforce the 2 week virus stay home rules.

pek

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Odd, I've been letting it sit for over a week a few times so far, no battery problems so far ( I live in the South, so no really cold days), your dealer needs to check for problems.

Peteking

Buick Ownership
2018 tourx preferred
Look below... I'll post my video so you can hear mine... Both of ours were bought brand new from the dealerships in two different states
That's how mine sounds, with that high pitch, it's not aftermarket it's a factory unit,

Anaduff

Associate Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia GS
To answer a few questions here...

The is a dedicated fuse for the siren (P25) module, which is F17 on the interior (cabin) fuse block.

The siren module does have an internal battery.

The RPO code for the 'feature' is UTR.

And here's the schematic:

TheftDeterrent.jpg

As you can see from the above, there isn't a single signal that controls its operation, but instead uses a data transmission; think of sending an ASCII code for the letter 'A' to a printer, as opposed to flipping a light switch.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
As you can see from the above [.......]

THIS is what I see with the your posted schematic:

Screenshot_20210220-065513~2.png

Ok.. I see a house with 2 front doors and a black picket fence. One door has heavy duty hinges and the other has a REALLY big lock. (Maybe they live in a neighborhood with lots of crime??) There are also 2 antenna on the house - one digital and the other is analog.

@Anaduff - Can you shed some light on how I may not be interpreting your schematic correctly?? As far as I'm concerned, you posted a picture of a suburban rancher which gets killer TV reception!

But seriously, @Anaduff, when the electronic gremlins hit just outside my warranty, you'll be the first one I'll contact.

I wish I knew how to interpret these schematics!

Last edited:

Peteking

Buick Ownership
2018 tourx preferred
THIS is what I see with the your posted schematic:

View attachment 28711

Ok.. I see a house with 2 front doors and a black picket fence. One door has heavy duty hinges and the other has a REALLY big lock. (Maybe they live in a neighborhood with lots of crime??) There are also 2 antenna on the house - one digital and the other is analog.

@Anaduff - Can you shed some light on how I may not be interpreting your schematic incorrectly?? As far as I'm concerned, you posted a picture of a suburban rancher which gets killer TV reception!

But seriously, @Anaduff, when the electronic gremlins hit just outside my warranty, you'll be the first one I'll contact.

I wish I knew how to interpret these schematics!
That interpretation was funny as hell though

Katydidnot

Buick Ownership
Buick Regal TourX
I’m currently at a Buick dealership trying to get the same exact issue fixed. I’ve been here an hour so far and they haven’t been able to figure it out but they also can’t recreate it. Mine goes off randomly, at night/during day, no one is around keys are in counter, and no thunder or rain. It’s just the high pitched siren I hear - no horn.

Katydidnot

Buick Ownership
Buick Regal TourX
I’m currently at a Buick dealership trying to get the same exact issue fixed. I’ve been here an hour so far and they haven’t been able to figure it out but they also can’t recreate it. Mine goes off randomly, at night/during day, no one is around keys are in counter, and no thunder or rain. It’s just the high pitched siren I hear - no horn.
The dealership said there is “some water intrusion in the siren module” and they are going to replace the “siren module.” I’ll post back if the siren still goes off after the replacement is in.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners