• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

New 18 Regal GS Owner Questions

Javyn2

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
Hello to my new family!
Back in February I made the 20 hour round trip to pick up the only used Speeding-ticket-red Buick regal GS, with every feature package checked, that I could find. I have a couple questions, if you could help.

1.) No spare tire lol? Anybody find a way around that? Do I just put a rim in the trunk?

2.) Beyond basic maintenance, what do I need to keep on the dealership about fixing before my warranty runs out? (They already warrantied a rim with peeling clear coat)

3.) My front suspension squeaks pretty good when I drive out of my driveway and over the bump at the bottom, is that something to be looked at?

4.) Paint pens. Has anybody had any good luck with it?

Thank you!

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Well welcome to the forum.

Spares can be purchased and there are several threads on proper sizes but I don't think any clear the Brembos up front, so I think you need to swap rear to front if you get a flat up front.

You can have anyone including DIY for all maintenance just keep records in case you have a warranty claim later.

Not sure about the squeak, some cars had bad LCA but that was more of a vibration. But I would let a dealer take a look.

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
I just purchased an 18 red needle GS 3 weeks ago. I have installed a spare tire in the wheel well (barely). 17” wheel from GM with tire from tire rack. AAA will likely still get a call though should I have a flat. Mine also squeaks over bumps when applying the brakes. My research indicates lower control arms. Your 4/50 warranty covers pretty much the entire car so don’t be shy if something isn’t right. I’m on my 3rd Regal and second GS, but this car is way beyond my others in terms of looks, tech, and space. Love it!!

Javyn2

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
I'm afraid to do my maintenance myself to void the warranty but I've doing the fluids on my cars for years. I really can do it myself and Buick wont be upset? The filters on this are so much cheaper from rockauto.

Shs92645, I love this car. It's so unique and a head turner. I'm very nervous about it becoming expensive to drive. Do you think I could take it in to check the front suspension?

Lastly, I have the Bose sub in my trunk but I'd be intrigued to know your spare set up. If you could spare more details. Thank you.

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
My subwoofer fits right in the wheel. Got the info on here under spare tire Threads. The new car warranty covers bumper to bumper for 4 years/50000 miles. That means bumper to bumper. Mine is a Certified PreOwned so the warranty extends to 62000 miles. You do not have to use a dealer for simple maintenance but you do need to have documentation in the event something fails. I use the dealer as it is so inexpensive and they check the tires brakes etc while it is in. 823C739E-C5A9-465F-9076-7CEA3BF0C40A.jpeg

Get your turbo buick badge right here!