New Buick Owner

Buick Ownership
1964 Riveria
My name is Phil Caputo and I have several questions regarding my car however, as I live in Michigan it is currently in hibernation. The question I have for the moment is this, I replaced the Carter afb with an Edelbrock 650, and currently having the air cleaner redone to accommodate the larger carb, so what I would like to know is what color should the air cleaner be red or black. I would appreciate it if some one knows the answer as I have looked everywhere I can think of and can't seem to find an answer!

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Sorry for the humor but year, make and model makes a difference as GM did change the colors and even styles on the air cleaners. Here's a 64 engine bay with the factory colors of red and black. So it now becomes a question of stock or acceptable color, which is up to the owner. Great ride and good luck with your project.

188099_Engine_Web.JPG

Attachments

Buick Ownership
1964 Riveria
Thank You! I had originally asked for red but had changed it to black so now I will have the correct color!
Sorry for the humor but year, make and model makes a difference as GM did change the colors and even styles on the air cleaners. Here's a 64 engine bay with the factory colors of red and black. So it now becomes a question of stock or acceptable color, which is up to the owner. Great ride and good luck with your project.

View attachment 12668

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.