• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

New Buick Regal Tourx Conversion to Vauxhall Insignia

agonza11

Buick Ownership
Buick Regal TourX preferred
I just got the grill put on today and just ordered the steering wheel to complete the Vauxhall exterior conversion for the country tourer model

Attachments

• EB29D1D9-29EF-4CFF-A273-8BC9C5DA32BD.jpeg
    EB29D1D9-29EF-4CFF-A273-8BC9C5DA32BD.jpeg
    549.8 KB · Views: 38
  • D877DB6F-EE02-41D6-A38B-305B6EB15555.jpeg
    D877DB6F-EE02-41D6-A38B-305B6EB15555.jpeg
    481.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 8CDBE3E0-B4BC-444E-853A-E5D08DCDBDF0.jpeg
    8CDBE3E0-B4BC-444E-853A-E5D08DCDBDF0.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 36B31679-81DE-4183-AFE7-D737D6637057.jpeg
    36B31679-81DE-4183-AFE7-D737D6637057.jpeg
    466.9 KB · Views: 36

kunfuzion

LB
Buick Ownership
19 Regal TourX
Looking good. Did you get the chrome or black wings that go along the side of the emblem? Is the entire airbag with cover or just the cover? If with airbag, does the plug match up to our wheel?

agonza11

Buick Ownership
Looking good. Did you get the chrome or black wings that go along the side of the emblem? Is the entire airbag with cover or just the cover? If with airbag, does the plug match up to our wheel?
I haven’t ordered the side wings yet and I ordered the entire airbag assembly. The steering wheel that it fits too it’s on its way so once I have that the conversion will be 90% done

kunfuzion

LB
Buick Ownership
19 Regal TourX
I haven’t ordered the side wings yet and I ordered the entire airbag assembly. The steering wheel that it fits too it’s on its way so once I have that the conversion will be 90% done
Keep us posted. I'm wondering how much different the EU wheel is from the US GS wheel. Hopefully the plugs are all compatible.

danzig997

47°40′10″N 122°7′26″W
Buick Ownership
TourX Essence with Opel Insignia DNA.
EU steering wheel, airbag, and even buttons are different. I heard that connectors are also different in Buick... Did you swap a complete steering wheel and airbag? I am not sure if US airbag control modules will work with Opels (Vaxhuall) airbags.

1614111039067.png

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia GS
Not to mention the shifters. Sigh...

As far as the steering wheel goes, the button caps are different, but they both have the same 'amount' and maybe (have not checked the on-line owners manuals) have the same function--and maybe the same connector. Don't know about the airbag assembly, but there is some commonality among the airbag connectors, so again--maybe. Like so many technical projects, this comes down to:

1) Plug & play.
2) Re-do (cut/splice/crimp) the connexions & play.
3) Admire the new auto-themed wall art in your garage & see if you can apply the money spent
to 'continuing education' credit in your chosen field.

In any case, please keep us advised.

Last edited:

agonza11

Buick Ownership
EU steering wheel, airbag, and even buttons are different. I heard that connectors are also different in Buick... Did you swap a complete steering wheel and airbag? I am not sure if US airbag control modules will work with Opels (Vaxhuall) airbags.

View attachment 28759
It should since it’s the same vehicle. For example they have a different grille then the Buick but I bought the euro centric Vauxhall one and it fits just fine but I know the Vauxhall airbag and the Vauxhall steering wheel are different from the Buick one but should work in the same fashion as far as installing them

agonza11

Buick Ownership
It should since it’s the same vehicle. For example they have a different grille then the Buick but I bought the euro centric Vauxhall one and it fits just fine but I know the Vauxhall airbag and the Vauxhall steering wheel are different from the Buick one but should work in the same fashion as far as installing them
The buttons are similar just design difference

danzig997

47°40′10″N 122°7′26″W
Buick Ownership
TourX Essence with Opel Insignia DNA.
I believe someone looked into it already. Insignia B steering wheel has different connections, airbag is different as well. I would love to have one myself, but safety first.

Did you install the steering wheel and airbag?

D2R wrote a while ago

1614123409062.png

I count 7 buttons on the left side of the steering plus the toggle.
Meanwhile, our Buick steering wheel has a maximum of 6 buttons on the left side plus the toggle.

This is a closer look of those buttons. The bottom of the 4 way button is unique to them.

1614123361239.png

Anyway, swapping the steering wheel with the airbag from Europe carries risks. Do they have the same crash standards that we use here? Are they calibrated the same as what we have here? Is the steering wheel's structure/mass/design the same as ours?
There are just way too many risks and variables vs the nice look for me to consider the swap.
But it is your own vehicle, and I am not here to stop you from doing anything to it.

Last edited:

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Most importantly, if it is a Vauxhall, you better be sitting at the right side of the vehicle instead of the wrong side!
Okay, I kid... :BANANA:

agonza11

Buick Ownership
Not to mention the shifters. Sigh...

As far as the steering wheel goes, the button caps are different, but they both have the same 'amount' and maybe (have not checked the on-line owners manuals) have the same function--and maybe the same connector. Don't know about the airbag assembly, but there is some commonality among the airbag connectors, so again--maybe. Like so many technical projects, this comes down to:

1) Plug & play.
2) Re-do (cut/splice/crimp) the connexions & play.
3) Admire the new auto-themed wall art in your garage & see if you can apply the money spent
to 'continuing education' credit in your chosen field.

In any case, please keep us advised.
I will and if it doesn't work I will find a way to make it work and keep you guys posted

Get your turbo buick badge right here!