New GS owner

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse 1SL
Hi, picked up a red GS 2 days ago and it is already at the dealer getting it’s front lower arms replaced!...not a good start! The Maserati Q it replaced was more reliable!
If it's any consolation, Buick makes good vehicles and ranks well on all the reliability charts. Hopefully you "got that out of the way" and enjoy the remaining time with the Regal without issue.

Lt0302

Buick Ownership
Regal Sportsback GS
Got her back today! All fixed! Put some clear door edge guards, installed the start/stop eliminator ...waiting on some CF Tri-M for the chrome shifter surround!

HOUSTON, TX
Buick Ownership
2018 BUICK REGAL GS
Hi, picked up a red GS 2 days ago and it is already at the dealer getting it’s front lower arms replaced!...not a good start! The Maserati Q it replaced was more reliable!
2018 Smoked Pearl Metallic GS here. Buick really is a great brand and ranks high in dependability. I work for a Buick/GMC service department, and it is quite typical for any ALL NEW model to have bugs that get worked out. I had the same noise with the control arms. GM had a service bulletin already out on them. I scan the bulletins and campaigns in GM's Global Connect every couple weeks. The common issues with the GS so far have been quite minor and simple fixes. I say enjoy your new GS with confidence. It's a nice car and it may not be around for much longer from what I've been reading.

Lt0302

Buick Ownership
Regal Sportsback GS
2018 Smoked Pearl Metallic GS here. Buick really is a great brand and ranks high in dependability. I work for a Buick/GMC service department, and it is quite typical for any ALL NEW model to have bugs that get worked out. I had the same noise with the control arms. GM had a service bulletin already out on them. I scan the bulletins and campaigns in GM's Global Connect every couple weeks. The common issues with the GS so far have been quite minor and simple fixes. I say enjoy your new GS with confidence. It's a nice car and it may not be around for much longer from what I've been reading.
Now that I had her back I really like her........and was surprised on how many compliments I get on her......that never happened with the car it replaced!......she is comfy, great cruiser, fairly quiet, great in the rain and in my humble opinion she looks great in red!......did do a couple of mods: covered with carbon fiber the chrome shifter trim.....door edge guards in clear plastic, the start stop delete.

was wondering if you could tell me if the EU and US model have the same wiring?

HOUSTON, TX
Buick Ownership
2018 BUICK REGAL GS
Now that I had her back I really like her........and was surprised on how many compliments I get on her......that never happened with the car it replaced!......she is comfy, great cruiser, fairly quiet, great in the rain and in my humble opinion she looks great in red!......did do a couple of mods: covered with carbon fiber the chrome shifter trim.....door edge guards in clear plastic, the start stop delete.

was wondering if you could tell me if the EU and US model have the same wiring?
I LOVE THE ATTENTION THIS CAR GETS!!!!!! You are absolutely right about people approaching you about the car. If i stop at more than 1 place, chances are good that someone stops me and asks about the car. When washing the car, multiple people usually stop and chat about it. This is BY FAR the best looking and best performing Regal since the 87 Grand National. But ANYWAY, some of the wiring will probably be the same. But there are some differences. For instance, the Opel and Holden models have amber turn signals in the rear and the brake lights are inter-graded into the led running light tubes. So if you were going to buy Holden or Opel tail lights, the connectors would likely not fit together. you would end up having to cut and splice. that's just one example of how the wiring could be different.

Lt0302

Buick Ownership
Regal Sportsback GS
I picked up a GS 2 days ago and it is awesome !
I like mine so far! Did the first oil change! I run Motul in my cars!
The mods I did so far were esthetic: red valve cap, covered the chrome trim shifter surround, center...now I will have the center console, the black shinny thing wrapped in mate red carbon fiber to match the GS logo on the seats!

Lt0302

Buick Ownership
Regal Sportsback GS
this month I was in Germany and made sure that my rental was a GSi. I came to the conclusion that it is my fault for assuming that the GS and GSi are the same! The two cannot be more different.....the only thing they have in common is looks and it stops there! The German version is much much much much better in every way than what we got.

The GS could have been something special if only they would have left her alone and put the 3.6T in it! A winning combination. Many times I think that GM engineers sat around the table and brainstormed how to f$%k up a completely good car!

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
I've had the lower control arm bushings noise since new and it doesn't make the car any less reliable. It's just a noise.

I've abused the hell out of my 2018 FWD Sportback and nothing has broken.

Lt0302

Buick Ownership
Regal Sportsback GS
I've had the lower control arm bushings noise since new and it doesn't make the car any less reliable. It's just a noise.

I've abused the hell out of my 2018 FWD Sportback and nothing has broken.
I was nothing that the GS is supposed to be fully loaded yet when compared to the car it was "copied" from its missing quite a few things: auto folding mirrors, rear wiper, paralel parking, s/s off switch, rain sensing wiper, city stop and go, speed sign recognition, 360 camera, actual difference between touring and GS mode last but not least those wonderful led tail lights.......yet the price is the same as here!.....so we got the short end of the stick and would love to hear from Buick why?

Banjo

Buick Ownership
2018 Reagal GS
Just Toys, the stuff the matters is Great Suspension, HP, Drive Quality .

Lt0302

Buick Ownership
Regal Sportsback GS
You are right! Drive quality matters...but in that category we can add all those things that I complained about.......if I could have anything I would have chosen: SS off switch, the tail lights with amber, the folding mirrors, the spoiler, parallel parking, rear heated seats, and speed sign recognition last!

The real good news is that I just got notified that the center console switch panel with SS off and parallel parking has been shipped from germany so I cannot wait to install and see what happens

Banjo

Buick Ownership
2018 Reagal GS
I dont think People want a Car to Parallel Park for them. All the Toys, Menus, Scrolling, buttons Programming etc. Screw it just Drive it...its not Video Game. FYI.We do have Sign recognition on our Buicks.;) But Hell, if I could get that Spoiler, I definitely could be going a lot faster.:LOL:

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.