• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

New guy on the Block.

Leoe2000Park

Buick Ownership
Park Avenue
2000 Buick Park Avenue stereo unit all one. Code e13 no cassette is in system CD will not play.

Don't know if I'm allowed to post a second issue on same post catalytic converter came apart. I don't have to have emission test run check engine lights on and flashing obviously poor fuel mileage runs fine cold warmed up spit sputters hesitates any ideas please help

wathompson

Ramseur, NC
Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Ave Ultra
Here is a link for radio codes taken from this forum. Error Codes from Radio/Cassette/CD unit
The CC problem will require replacement IMO. Pull the diagnostic code and go from there. Just because emissions testing is not required in your area is no reason to not repair. You would be reinventing the wheel if you tried to eliminating the CC, IMO.

Leoe2000Park

Buick Ownership
Park Avenue
Here is a link for radio codes taken from this forum. Error Codes from Radio/Cassette/CD unit
The CC problem will require replacement IMO. Pull the diagnostic code and go from there. Just because emissions testing is not required in your area is no reason to not repair. You would be reinventing the wheel if you tried to eliminating the CC, IMO.
as an automotive service manager 45 years I wasn't suggesting to not fix it I never seen a catalytic converter come apart so suddenly and disastrously. I do appreciate the information and on the radio and cassette issue. Have a great day. I would never try to invent the wheel but I would always try to make it better

wathompson

Ramseur, NC
Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Ave Ultra
Glad to hear that! I too am an OEM direct fit kind of tech that likes to keep it like the factory designed it. I might suggest the Factory Service Manual(s) for your PA (Like someone did to me) if you don't already have them. I found the 2 book set for mine (1999 PAU) on ebay for $20. Used but in excellent condition.
Welcome to the Forum!!

Leoe2000Park

Buick Ownership
Park Avenue
Glad to hear that! I too am an OEM direct fit kind of tech that likes to keep it like the factory designed it. I might suggest the Factory Service Manual(s) for your PA (Like someone did to me) if you don't already have them. I found the 2 book set for mine (1999 PAU) on ebay for $20. Used but in excellent condition.
Welcome to the Forum!!
e13 error code. But there's no cassette in your system. I have access to anything the dealership. I was just hoping it was a simple fix.

Pedal Commander