New GX no longer anticipating!

grandpapa-g

Buick Ownership
Encore-GX
I have had the new GX (Select with technology) for 10 days and have driven about 400 Km - not many but more than the past 2 months under stay-at-home recommendations. The car has been enjoyable to drive and the tech has been easy to adapt to and use. Having the experience of driving my 2011 Buick Regal (turbo) for 5 years (2011-2016) was helpful in adapting to the locations of the various controls (wipers, signals, lights, cruise, DCT functions etc.). The husky all season floor mats even fit reasonably well (although I will have to drill a new holes for the driver-side mat to accommodate the anchors) and I had to cut the cargo mat to allow for lowering the rear seats. So far I have left the stop/start function on and it took a little adjusting on startup to avoid a noticeable jump on starting. I have left the transmission in 2wd mode most of the time but found with bags of soil and landscape stone (total of 250 lbs) in the back I needed more weight over the drive wheels so I switched to awd to improve the ride and it worked.

My only real gripe has been with the Onstar and Mybuick apps as unable to access them. The second day I had the car I went online and googled information as what features would be of interest to me. I was referred to a online site that asked me to register to access the information I wanted - it was a US Mybuick site and I live in Canada so I was unable to complete registration. later that day I got my welcome email from Onstar Canada asking me to join Mybuick.ca but as my email address is now in the US database I cannot register with Mybuick.ca. A week and several frustrating phone calls later nothing has changed and I get lame apologies and assurances but no results!

new car 1.jpg

Attachments

• new car 2.jpg
    new car 2.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 7

grandpapa-g

Buick Ownership
Encore-GX
In the initial post on this thread DCT functions is a typo it should read DCM functions referring to the displayed information on the screen in front of the steering wheel.

poncho167

Buick Ownership
2019 Essence
In the initial post on this thread DCT functions is a typo it should read DCM functions referring to the displayed information on the screen in front of the steering wheel.
I would check back with them to get your registration figured out with My Buick. You will be able to see all of your dealer service history and can add your own if you do your own maintenance. If you are driving with the start/stop you can feather the gas pedal so it doesn't activate. I do this when I can see the the light or traffic is about to move. Just don't push to hard on the brake pedal and it will usually stay running. I like the start/stop otherwise and had been aware of it for years. I always turned my previous cars engine off at long traffic lights and freight trains for years.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!