New Member - Old Buick GN owner - new 2016 Buick Regal Questions - and ask for help

saleen90181

Central NJ
Buick Ownership
Buick - 2016 AWD Turbo
Hello - and thank you in advance

I am a long - IE(OLD) car enthusiast

Had many many performance and non performance cars - I think the total count is 100+ at this point

If you want to check out me - make sure I am real - you can check my site - https://sites.google.com/site/saleen90181/

That's not a promotion - just wanted to give some background

Ok I owned a 1986 GN in the past and had to sell it for a number of reasons

Recently my 2014 Fiesta ST was not meeting my needs - had a few issues - it was one of the first ones - so it had some issues

I got sick of it being in the FORD dealer more then I drove it - don't get me wrong great car - just - as my friends say - I break cars - I push - enough said

SO - My wifes 2013 Exploder Lease was up - and we decided to check out Buick/GMC - with out going to much into that - the GMC Acedia is a better over all deal then the Exploder

The same dealer sells BUICK - and there was a 2016 Regale AWD Turbo sitting on the show room floor - I instantly new I wanted it

2 weeks later it was mine - but never made it off the lot - the power steering failed even before it left the lot

needless to say I was not happy - here we go again - buying the first year - first car available

Well the sales, management, and service team was great and got the car fixed with in 2 days - it was a special order part - module on top of the column

Now that brings me to my questions for the board members - I was told this was a special order car - for show off in the dealer

Not that I don't believe them - and I LOVE the car to death - just looking for some help in figuring this out

So here it goes -

I am looking at the BUICK site - and comparing the options - and my car doesn't seem to match any of the groups

Your advice - input - and help is much approached in advance

2016 BUICK Regal AWD TURBO - Sales model code - 4GC69 - assembly - Canada

HAS the pass seat power Lumbar
HAS the 8 way power drive seat
HAS the thorax air bags
DOES NOT have the bose system
HAS the LED with signature
HAS the 120V
DOES NOT have the remote start
HAS the heated steering wheel
DOES NOT have the universal remote
HAS the Intellilink nav
HAS the E-Z key
DOES NOT have the parking assist
DOES NOT have remote start
HAS the GS sport - flat bottom - leather steering wheel
HAS rear camera

So what the heck is this thing? - A ONE OFF? - at least some of the options are only on the P II - but some of the standard options on the P II are not on this car

Also what the heck is the GS steering wheel doing on this car?

Again that's in advance and I look forward to contribution to the board

Oh lastly - are there any performance links, suggestions, sites? - I can never leave a car alone - even one with 56 miles

MelsRegal

Staff member
Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Didnt you get the Monroney sticker on the window. To my knowledge the dealer is required to give it to you.

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse 1SL
A tune really wakes up the 2.0T . There's several options from Trifecta, IPF, and BNR.

Yeah, the lack of remote start is a head scratcher. That's included with my P II. The GS steering wheel... well, that could always be added but I don't know if it's available through the normal addons/build options from Buick. Strange, it seems more/less like you have a GS without the badging (?).

saleen90181

Central NJ
Buick Ownership
Buick - 2016 AWD Turbo
The car was on the showroom floor and I guess some one ripped the sicker - as I don't the very top - only below Standard Options black line - and missing the entire right hand side right where the priceing and info is - guess that got ripped with people putting the windows down while there kids play in the showroom car - or they didn't want the show the full price - it was the only one on the lot - there was a 2015 but it was a base - but everything else is as I have listed

any guesses?

rodslinger

Atlanta, GA
Buick Ownership
14 Regal GS
Sounds like a regular Premium II with AWD.

Are you certain you don't have remote start? Just press the lock button on the remote then press and hold the button that looks like an open circle with an arrow on one end for a few seconds. It also looks like the steering wheel on the new Regal is a little less round on the bottom and can see how it might look like the GS flat bottom from some angles.

saleen90181

Central NJ
Buick Ownership
Buick - 2016 AWD Turbo
I wish I had the GS breaking - not there - just the standard/P II

glad I am not the only one confused - dealer keeps saying they special ordered it to "SHOW OFF" in the show room

But the options just don't make sense - weird

Hey don't get me wrong - I like the options - but bothers me the car dosent match any of the trim levels - and hell some you cant even get on a base - and some on the P II are not there

Head scratcher

saleen90181

Central NJ
Buick Ownership
Buick - 2016 AWD Turbo
Thank you for your response

Yea I thought it was just a base P II - but when I see the standard options - dosent add up

For the remote start - I don't have the open circle - wifes new GMC does - but not on my remote

Just the standard - lock/unlock/trunk/panic - flip up key

saleen90181

Central NJ
Buick Ownership
Buick - 2016 AWD Turbo
I think you are right about the wheel - as its not listed on the sticker - posted - I think seeing the auto show car I was incorrect

tytotheler92

NEO
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal Turbo
That's REALLY weirdly optioned. Congrats though, I like unicorns. I have a Premium 2 with no sunroof....but almost everything else. Haha.

As a younger guy that really likes G bodies, you will enjoy the crap out of your Regal Turbo. I really like mine. The whole vehicle is so understated. It's wonderful.

saleen90181

Central NJ
Buick Ownership
Buick - 2016 AWD Turbo
tytotheler92

Thanks - I really love the car so far - well the whole under 100 miles I put on it - so far

I hope its not a unicorn - I was hopeing it was just a base with added leather options - and little stuff

Then I got the idea it might be a base P II

Then I went to buick to build the same car and could not - so I was like - huh?

Figured I would ask the experts

I am an old school Saleen/GN/Mustang guy - the ST was the first move to the new performance cars

Just want to know what I have - its a base AWD with options great - if its a P II with less options - great - if its a Unicorn - hey well ok

Thanks for your help and response

I posted more PICS - including the ripped sticker and a view of the ass end

Again to all - thank you for your help

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse 1SL
Sounds like a regular Premium II with AWD.

The pics = definitely a regular with AWD (front end). Pretty rare beast, most AWD are GS.

Regarding the remote start - it should be mentioned on the window sticker and is not. I think you got every other P II option. Wonder if it's a simple programming + new keyfob, or requires hardware...

dmr02

Toronto, Ontario
Buick Ownership
18 Regal GS
saleen90181 If you are comfortable sending me your VIN # I can decode it for you, you can post it on here or PM me, I might not be able to copy and paste the info but I can look up your car and the equipment etc. I work for a GM dealer, welcome aboard by the way!

nizerims

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
:(s)kciuB yM
I wouldn't mind seeing more pictures of your Regal....

civilsavage

Buick Ownership
Buick
This is kind of weird, we have a new '16 P2, and i'm very confused. You want my sticker that shows whats standard on the P2, or do you already know that?

jas16gs

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal GS
saleen90181 If you are comfortable sending me your VIN # I can decode it for you, you can post it on here or PM me, I might not be able to copy and paste the info but I can look up your car and the equipment etc. I work for a GM dealer, welcome aboard by the way!

Well he did post his vin# sort of lol it's on the key tag pic he posted it has the last 8 of it :)

tytotheler92

NEO
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal Turbo
But what I don't get is why you have a GS steering wheel.

Either way, it's not a big deal that its odd regardless. I wouldn't worry about it.

nizerims

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
:(s)kciuB yM
saleen90181 added TAGS........ My people, my people.

I know what a Regal looks like, but I'm always interested in seeing pictures of the latest released model.... Looking for fresh pictures of the interior, IntelliLink screens (especially CarPlay screens and options), glove box/center console pics, engine bay pics (is it the LTG?), headlights/tail lights, anything you are amazed with.....

Get your turbo buick badge right here!