• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

New Owner - Darkmoon Blue Essence, sunroof delete - Audio Thread - USB Hub

duckrock

Buick Newbie
2018 Buick Regal TourX
Hi everyone,
Just joined today as I am a proud owner of a 2018 TourX Essence. I formerly had a 2016 Outback Base model and before that a 2003 Audi allroad (A6, 2.7T). I am happy to answer any of your questions. First order of business, I added a USB hub in the armrest cavity connected to the audio system. To that I connect my USB drive full of music AND for long drives, my Android phone for Android Auto capability. So far the HUB WORK FINE. Woo hoo. That is huge to me. I have not tried a 3rd input yet. 20180303_145612.jpg

Photo is of an Andoid docking station I cut to fit in the cupholder. Ran wire to armrest cavity, have not cut any plastic yet, thus the ugly wire....

Last edited:

duckrock

Buick Newbie
2018 Buick Regal TourX
Dock that I ordered (and needed to cut the dock (not the car) a lot to get it to fit, with sponge tape to hold it down) no longer seems to be on Amazon as a link, but here is the description: (note, if you do this, make sure your dock includes ability to transfer DATA, not just power)

"Alotm Micro USB Charing Dock, Desktop Aluminum Charge & Data Sync Charger Station Stand Cradle Holder for Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge, S6/S6 Edge, S5, Note 5/4, HTC One and More Android (Black)"

Dock works great, easy to press my phone down on it when I get in car to allow for Android Auto to work. USB stick playing music still works, and I like my phone out where I dont forget it when I leave (i.e. leaving it in the armrest cavity is no good for me...) cheers, duck 20180306_103116.jpg

duckrock

Buick Newbie
2018 Buick Regal TourX
If anyone takes out the trim and cupholders, post a video or instructions so I can run my wires better. I am too scared to do it now/myself!

Get your turbo buick badge right here!