• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

New Owner, Hello from Cary, NC

The Shark

North Carolina
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence Rioja Red Metallic
Hi Guys, Want to introduce myself, I'm the happy owner of a 2019 TourX Essence. Couldn't be happier. I traded a 2017 Subaru Forester which I liked very much but wanted something that rides better and is a little more refined. Someone in the Forester forum posted a thread about how he traded his Forester for a TourX and what great deals Buick was giving. I really didn't know much about the TourX because of the great marketing job Buick does, I checked out the Buick website and really liked what I saw. Went for a test drive and totally fell in love. A couple of days later I came home with my baby. If the ex-Forester owner from the forum is out there thank you!

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Welcome! There are several people that have had or still have Subarus here. The TourX is a nice ride but be prepared for a lack of aftermarket. Since Buick does such a bad job marketing the car there aren't many out there so companies aren't do much for them. Unlike Subaru which tends to have lots of stuff available. But overall it is a nice ride.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
Welcome to the forum !

The TourX is the best looking wagon on the road.

Another good move Buick made is not to sell the TourX in Canada. Only the Sportback is sold in Canada :rolleyes:

I personally am not into anything but sedans. But not importing the TourX into Canada is ridiculous.

I chose a FWD preferred-II trim hoping HPTuners will have support for 2018+ Regal, but I'm still out of luck. Thus far only EFI-Live can tune the new Regal. I've been tuning with HPTuners since 2007 and don't want to invest in efi-live just for the sake of this car.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Congrats on the new TourX. I think that other Forester owner on the Forester forum may be me as I posted about it there when I bought the TourX. I usually have some regrets whenever I've traded a car but I can say that I've never looked back on trading the Forester and I'm only looking ahead with the TourX.

The Shark

North Carolina
Buick Ownership
Congrats on the new TourX. I think that other Forester owner on the Forester forum may be me as I posted about it there when I bought the TourX. I usually have some regrets whenever I've traded a car but I can say that I've never looked back on trading the Forester and I'm only looking ahead with the TourX.
I went back into the Subaru forum just to check, yep, it was you, I have you to blame :) . You traded the XT, I had the 2.5i so imagine what it is like for me with all the extra power. Some of the sore points of the Forester is the lack of power, the CVT transmission, and the seats. Driving the TourX it is just so much more a refined automobile, very European. As I've been telling people the most American thing on the car is the name.

The Shark

North Carolina
Buick Ownership
Welcome to a fellow rioja/shale owner! Looks awesome :love:
It really is a great color combination. I was looking at a White Frost Tricoat that I actually could have gotten a better deal on but the wife really liked the Rioja Red especially with the shale interior. In NC you really don't want a black interior in the summer. I've gotten so many compliments on color.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I went back into the Subaru forum just to check, yep, it was you, I have you to blame :) . You traded the XT, I had the 2.5i so imagine what it is like for me with all the extra power. Some of the sore points of the Forester is the lack of power, the CVT transmission, and the seats. Driving the TourX it is just so much more a refined automobile, very European. As I've been telling people the most American thing on the car is the name.
Glad I could be of service. :) Yes, the Buick is way more refined than the Forester. The XT was plenty fast but that never outweighed (for me) the rest of the vehicle's shortcomings. The Subaru has a great following and lots of after market stuff which the Buick lacks but I was glad to find this forum which is pretty active and so far a good resource. I have a second home in Lake Lure, NC, which I go to a few times a year, I'm looking forward to the long trip from Florida and to see how the Buick does on the foothills roads.

The Shark

North Carolina
Buick Ownership
The Regal might be European, but the powertrain is very much American GM.
True the engine is American and so far its been a pretty sweet one. The tranny is Japanese, this is a true world car, built in Germany by the French. :)

The Shark

North Carolina
Buick Ownership
Glad I could be of service. :) Yes, the Buick is way more refined than the Forester. The XT was plenty fast but that never outweighed (for me) the rest of the vehicle's shortcomings. The Subaru has a great following and lots of after market stuff which the Buick lacks but I was glad to find this forum which is pretty active and so far a good resource. I have a second home in Lake Lure, NC, which I go to a few times a year, I'm looking forward to the long trip from Florida and to see how the Buick does on the foothills roads.
Lake Lure, nice. I bought the car on a Saturday and we went to the Outer Banks on Sunday and spent the week. The TourX was great on the trip, a pleasure to drive on highway. I remember the first time we drove the car at night, we were amazed at the ambient lighting, nice touch.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I have a 2014 Slowbaru Foresster 6MT "Premium".
meh.
I would get squat selling it ant it is good to have a back-up winter beater extra car.
Also driving the Forester makes me appreciate the tourX even more & helps me ignore the few gripes i have with the Buick.
I wonder if the new Forester's have the really marginal HVAC of the 2014's? Little & slow heat, l little cooling.

Attachments

Last edited:

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
Welcome! Enjoy your new ride! One of my children had a Forrester for awhile and it was fine but way way down the scale from a Buick. Although I drive a GS, I agree with the statement that the TourX is the best looking wagon on the market. I’d buy one in a heartbeat if I needed that much space.

The Shark

North Carolina
Buick Ownership
Welcome! Enjoy your new ride! One of my children had a Forrester for awhile and it was fine but way way down the scale from a Buick. Although I drive a GS, I agree with the statement that the TourX is the best looking wagon on the market. I’d buy one in a heartbeat if I needed that much space.
I"m jealous of all the toys the new GS gets that the TourX doesn't. Lord I would like those ventilated seats!

Jwmsa17

Buick Ownership
TourX
Cary, NC is where I first saw the TourX on display outside the soccer stadium where the NCAA women's championship was being played in December 2018. Although I had driven my Q50 to Cary and it managed my family and our cargo well, I knew the TourX was the car I needed through 2021. Got it a month later.

Cary is on my list to move to in 2021; love the terrain and trees.

Pedal Commander