New Owner, Hello from Cary, NC

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Check out @RoRi sports touring build here - the GS seats aren’t available in shale color...but I so want them anyways!

Buick Regal Sports Tourer project
With enough money they could be redone. The standard seats suit me fine but I’m really wanting cooled seats, 2 tone shale and charcoal leather could be interesting. Don’t know if I’ll pull the trigger but toying with Katzkin possibilities. They have cooled seat solutions as well to go with their leather upholstery kits. I installed their stuff on my Honda and it is first class and looks factory.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
True the engine is American and so far its been a pretty sweet one. The tranny is Japanese, this is a true world car, built in Germany by the French. :)
GKN British drive train, Tires made in Czechoslovakia, Mexico, China, etc for components, and so on. I hear it has an UN membership.

The Shark

North Carolina
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence Rioja Red Metallic
Cary, NC is where I first saw the TourX on display outside the soccer stadium where the NCAA women's championship was being played in December 2018. Although I had driven my Q50 to Cary and it managed my family and our cargo well, I knew the TourX was the car I needed through 2021. Got it a month later.

Cary is on my list to move to in 2021; love the terrain and trees.
Cary is a great place to live, it constantly appears on the lists of the best city's to live in. I'm originally from Chicago and I don't miss the winters...or the potholed streets.

Jwmsa17

Buick Ownership
TourX
I live in Fishers, IN which also ends up in Top10 places to live lists, but it doesn't have mountains nearby or much terrain relief. I've been there to Cary the last two December's for sports tournaments and it felt like where I live, but with a ton of pine trees and lots of terrain relief, ie I could easily move there with minimal lifestyle changes. Cary is on our "move-to" list as is Arizona, which is where I was stationed way back when. Welcome to the forum.

The Shark

North Carolina
Buick Ownership
I live in Fishers, IN which also ends up in Top10 places to live lists, but it doesn't have mountains nearby or much terrain relief. I've been there to Cary the last two December's for sports tournaments and it felt like where I live, but with a ton of pine trees and lots of terrain relief, ie I could easily move there with minimal lifestyle changes. Cary is on our "move-to" list as is Arizona, which is where I was stationed way back when. Welcome to the forum.
One of the nice things about living the here is in a few hours you can easily head west and be in the mountains or head east and be at the coast. When I first moved here back in 1992 Cary was approaching a population of 50k, today we are approaching 200k. There are so many northerners living here that it is known by the locals as the Containment Area for Relocated Yankees. :) All the people in the northeast will understand the excitement here because we are getting our first Wegman's and Shake Shack.

Kriptonite

Buick Ownership
2018 regal tourx
One of the nice things about living the here is in a few hours you can easily head west and be in the mountains or head east and be at the coast. When I first moved here back in 1992 Cary was approaching a population of 50k, today we are approaching 200k. There are so many northerners living here that it is known by the locals as the Containment Area for Relocated Yankees. :) All the people in the northeast will understand the excitement here because we are getting our first Wegman's and Shake Shack.
Tourx owner from shelby here. We are very happy with our car but
I'm thinking that I will drive my 86 MB 300 sdl to south Dakota in August tho. It has more rear seat room and rides better on the highway IMOP. It's 33 years old but it only has a little more than 80 thousand miles and was bought new by my mom and dad. Sure it doesn't have all the bell's and whistles that the tourx does but I think it will serve my passengers and I better.

Oh if you are passing thru Shelby be sure to stop and eat at Bridges bbq lodge on hwy 74. Dang good bbq.

Last edited:

The Shark

North Carolina
Buick Ownership
Tourx owner from shelby here. We are very happy with our car but
I'm thinking that I will drive my 86 MB 300 sdl to south Dakota in August tho. It has more rear seat room and rides better on the highway IMOP. It's 33 years old but it only has a little more than 80 thousand miles and was bought new by my mom and dad. Sure it doesn't have all the bell's and whistles that the tourx does but I think it will serve my passengers and I better.

Oh if you are passing thru Shelby be sure to stop and eat at Bridges bbq lodge on hwy 74. Dang good bbq.
I had a friend that had an 80's MB diesel, those things were like tanks, I think he ended up putting over 300k miles on it. 80k, it's practically brand new. I'm always looking for a new bbq place, I'll have to check it out, I was really bummed that Wilbers closed in Goldsboro.

Kriptonite

Buick Ownership
2018 regal tourx
I had a friend that had an 80's MB diesel, those things were like tanks, I think he ended up putting over 300k miles on it. 80k, it's practically brand new. I'm always looking for a new bbq place, I'll have to check it out, I was really bummed that Wilbers closed in Goldsboro.
There is actually 2 bridges bbq in shelby, Bridges bbq lodge and Alston bridges bbq. While we like em both I personally like Alstons better but my old lady likes the bbq lodge. Being born and raised in this little town we both have have our fair share of good bbq. I remember Wilbers in Goldsboro alto it has been quite some time since we ate there.

Yeah the old MB was always serviced at the dealership in Charlotte until I took over ownership.
Now it goes to J&E sales a privately owned MB sales and service center. It has never had any body damage and is parked in a heated garage. The wife and I take it out every month or so just to stretch it's legs.

Glad you are liking your tourx and that red is very pretty. We opted for one with the light color interior also. I couldn't find one with the options and color we wanted close by but I found one in Goshen Indiana so I had a friend who has his own planes fly me up there to get it. 11 hour drive to get home with a 3 hour nap in the rear. Not too bad of a trip as the tourx averaged 29.8 mpg at 78-82 mph.

The Shark

North Carolina
Buick Ownership
Greetings from your neighbor Greensboro :)
I had to get mine shipped from PA to get the exact color + options I wanted (Sport Red, Preferred with Cloth Seats, Sights & Sounds, Panoramic Roof)
Sweet! Nice to see another TourX in the area. We should do a get together sometime of all the Regal owners in area. Of course reading about how well they sell it might be a small gathering. :LOL:

6APPEAL

Deep South
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX 1987 Grand National
Welcome to the forum !

The TourX is the best looking wagon on the road.

Another good move Buick made is not to sell the TourX in Canada. Only the Sportback is sold in Canada :rolleyes:

I personally am not into anything but sedans. But not importing the TourX into Canada is ridiculous.

I chose a FWD preferred-II trim hoping HPTuners will have support for 2018+ Regal, but I'm still out of luck. Thus far only EFI-Live can tune the new Regal. I've been tuning with HPTuners since 2007 and don't want to invest in efi-live just for the sake of this car.

View attachment 15853

View attachment 15854
Where did you get the Turbo Buick badge?