• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

New owner - question about acceleration

autocomman

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Another question is 93 RON? Cause that's not 93 in the states. Most you'll find at pumps in the states is gonna be 91 AKI which if I remember correctly is 93 RON. Do a quick Google search but basically it's all 87 to 91 across the world. Everyone just has a different way to express that.

Tracykilo

Louisville kentucky USA
Buick Ownership
Century custom sport 1996 3100
Hello all. I recently purchased a 2018 Regal Sportback with the 2.0L engine. So far I've been impressed with the acceleration.

Tonight I was accelerating from a cloverleaf up to speed on a 65mph highway. I didn't even realize it but it seemed like I "floored it" and the pedal bottomed out. It seemed to "floor" a lot easier than my other vehicles (Chevy Cruze and Traverse). I also was expecting the engine to downshift and rev a little higher than it did.

Just curious if this is normal of if something might be off. I will see if I an replicate. Maybe I'm just imagining things!

This was a GM certified used car so it should have for sure have all of the recalls done on it.
Plugs and wires and check all fluids

adam728

Buick Ownership
Buick
Another question is 93 RON? Cause that's not 93 in the states. Most you'll find at pumps in the states is gonna be 91 AKI which if I remember correctly is 93 RON. Do a quick Google search but basically it's all 87 to 91 across the world. Everyone just has a different way to express that.
In the US all pumps should be AKI, or (RON+MON)/2 ratings. Only pumps that might not be would be off-road only fuels, like race gas, or ethanol-free "recreational fuel". These pumps have to be separate of the main island, and you are not to dispense them into the tank of a street driven vehicle.

2 gas stations in our town premium is 91, and another 2 stations it's 93. All (R+M)/2. Just saying, both are available in the US.

RegalMN

Minnesota
Buick Ownership
'18 Regal Sportback Essence
Finally happened to be around a station with 93 octane today. Filled up with it. Will be interesting to see if I notice any difference between 93 and 91.

Tazmontana

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Bowmanville, Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal Sportback, 2020 Encore GX AWD, 2000 Yamaha Royal Star Venture Millennium Edition (#1089)
During lockdown last year I was driving down to Eagan from Roseville to get the cheapest 93 I could find ($1.38).

Driving an extra little bit to get 93 (if you want it) is a small price to pay. Well... besides the cost difference between 87 and 93. :ROFLMAO:

Hope to see you out on the open road sometime.
$1.38 😭 I envy you, Bud!! I'm in Ontario, and when Sunoco disappeared in 2010, all their stations were converted to Petro-Canada, but they kept the Ultra 94 at those locations. Right now, it's CAD$1.50 (USD$1.20).... per LITRE!

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
$1.20 per litre? That is cheap, mate! We have it lucky here in North America.
My uncle is now paying TWICE of that overseas for regular petrol. :eek:

Tazmontana

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Bowmanville, Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal Sportback, 2020 Encore GX AWD, 2000 Yamaha Royal Star Venture Millennium Edition (#1089)
$1.20 per litre? That is cheap, mate! We have it lucky here in North America.
My uncle is now paying TWICE of that overseas for regular petrol. :eek:
You know what, you're absolutely right. All too often our perspective is limited to Canada/US. But now you mention it, I recall that on our last 2 trips to the UK, we were shocked that although the prices "looked" identical, there's a big difference between paying $1.20 per litre in Canadian dollars and £1.20 per litre in pound sterling.

RegalMN

Minnesota
Buick Ownership
'18 Regal Sportback Essence
Finally happened to be around a station with 93 octane today. Filled up with it. Will be interesting to see if I notice any difference between 93 and 91.
1 tank through and no difference noticed with 93 vs 91.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!