New Tires for the GS

kgoebz

Ottawa ON
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 are a good option as well. Pricing is decent and they perform well. I had Michelin Pilot AS3s before, which were great but I found they wore out a little fast. These seem to be wearing alright so far.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
I put the Continental DWS06 on my wifes 2014 Regal turbo. She likes them a lot, much better than the stock Michelins. Her car isn't tuned so she doesn't race around like me, so they work well for her. I think they are squishy in the turns so I went with the Coopers and I'm glad they I did since they corner fantastic.

Sam14GS

Lake Worth, Florida
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal GS & 2019 Hyundai Tucson Limited
Here's an update on the General tires I put on. After 8k miles, the front has 8/32 left and the rear has 9/32 left. So far so good (y)

Dirt

GA
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Encore, 2012 Buick Regal GS
I had those on my old Crossfire. Decent tire, especially for the price, can't beat them. Have the Nitto Motivo on my Gs, I have no complaints.

Classyceta

Buick Ownership
‘17 Regal GS
I also have the general g-max AS-05. I drive 100 miles a day so I have already put on 10k miles on them. They are very good tire. They ride smooth and they are quiet! They also grip well around corners. They looks nice as well. I’ve tested them in a couple of inches of snow and slush and they handled well. No issues with rain. Pothole impacts aren’t as harsh as other tires. Overall a good tire for the GS.

mitchflorida

Buick Newbie
South Florida
Buick Ownership
2016 Summit White Regal, Premium II, Moonroof, Driver Confidence Package
The GS model uses Very High Performance tires and the Turbo Premium model uses the Grand Touring tires?

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
Yes that's true but you can put ultra high performance tires on the turbo Regal like I did.

mitchflorida

Buick Newbie
South Florida
Buick Ownership
2016 Summit White Regal, Premium II, Moonroof, Driver Confidence Package
I am mainly interested in a quiet, smooth ride, with a high mileage warranty. It sounds like Grand Touring is the way to go?

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
I get all those characteristics with my ultra high performance Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 tires, plus I get great handling in the corners.

Williamziam

Buick Ownership
16 regal turbo p2
I've used cooper zeon in past and was not impressed. bf Goodrich comp2a/s on since March and they've handled wet and dry conditions very well. they've performed outstanding cornering as well. here in pittsburgh im driving on hills all the time and they handled everything fantastic so far...

Classyceta

Buick Ownership
‘17 Regal GS
I've used cooper zeon in past and was not impressed. bf Goodrich comp2a/s on since March and they've handled wet and dry conditions very well. they've performed outstanding cornering as well. here in pittsburgh im driving on hills all the time and they handled everything fantastic so far...
I had the BFG Comp 2 AS on my old car. Fantastic dry and wet but the tires were loud at times and pothole impacts were very hard. I still like them and I might get them again but I wanted a quieter tire and so far the General is doing well.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
The Zeons I bought are a totally new tire, they aren't like the ones you bought years ago. Tire technology is constantly improving with new rubber compounds, tread designs and inner tire construction.

These tires are as good as the stock Michelins that came on my car, plus they handle much better since they are ultra high performance not touring tires. I researched the Zeons extensively before I bought them and I'm 100% satisfied with every aspect of them. And believe me. I'm VERY picky about tires.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
These tires have great traction year round in all conditions, even better than the Michelins that came on the car. Plus they are smooth and quiet like the Michelins. Obviously this is a much better tire than the Zeons you had.