New to forum not cars, 1994 Park ave engine swap questions & basics

DDPparkave94

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Hello to all. I just bought a mint 1994 base model Park Ave vin 1g4cw52L1rh614128. The car is from AZ and has blown engine, girl ran car completely out of oil(teenager). I bought car for 300 cash. I have an opportunity of throwing a 1995 park ave ultra 3800 superchargedengine in it cheap. Will this engine fit? I am pretty mechanically inclined and put an LQ4 in a Mazda Rx7.

Suggestions on this type of swap and what other years fit in to this car? I greatly appreciate any info as I have tried searching here on the forum but find most swaps are later in the 90s. I think this car would be a sweet sleeper and much more safer than the civic I am driving.Thanks in advanced!

HotZ28

SE
Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU 2019 Regal GS
The engine will fit, but if you want to put a S/C engine in a base PA, you will need all the wiring harness/vacuum lines from the S/C engine and the PCM from the the same vehicle. Of course, there are a lot of front brackets, idlers & engine mounts that may be different between the two. You will just have to decide if this is what you want to do!

Last edited:

DDPparkave94

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Thx Z! I am weighing my option between replacing with this sc engine and just a stock replace which is actually more money than the entire sc engine 250 killer deal w/110k on it. I just don't want this to turn into a headache. Appreciate the input! I will weigh my options now.

DDPparkave94

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
95 supercharged Red Conn.jpg 94 buick non super.gif HotZ28-
I was able to look at the engine and it is complete and has wire harness and all brackets but no ECM. The engine is a 95. Doing some research on our GM Database here at school it appears ECM 95 and 94 look rather identical in physicality's and each connector Red White and Blue pins are identical with the exception of the 95 Red Connector PIN WD7 CKT: 553 Wire Color Lt blue circuit Driver select switch "g" is the only variation from the 94 PCM. It was suggested that I could get a pcm from a supercharged 94 or 95 park ave would work because it has already been calibrated where as a new reman wouldn't be. You seem to be the go to guy here on the site, any suggestion in regards to ECM selection?

HotZ28

SE
Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU 2019 Regal GS
Contact Rodney at 330-473-0426 and tell him what you planning to do. The 94-95 ECM/PCM is the same part number (16183247) from what I can see. They both use a prom/chip which contains all the engine/trans operating parameters and is removable, so that it can be transferred to a rebuilt unit if that is the way you want to go. It might be better just to purchase the complete unit and have it programmed for the S/C engine. That is where Rodney can help you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-1994-199...tee-/222000502781?vxp=mtr&hash=item33b042d7fd

Get your turbo buick badge right here!