• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

New(to me) 2015 regal turbo, bluetooth issues

The_og_Dmoney

Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal
I just picked up my Regal today, and it is awesome! 22k miles, great deal, great shape, just awesome. Like a leather seated rocket ship. Pretty stoked for a few tasteful mods and a nice tune, but first I just want to make phone calls. My bluetooth connects easily enough, and even plays music from my amazon app. The bluetooth icon never shows up on the iphone 8 screen, like it does when I connect to any other device. When I go to make a phone call using the speech button(I am basing my experience with how all this works from my 2016 Cruze), wait for the little noise, then no matter what I say nothing happens. The voice just says "say this to do that, say that to do this, and then "no speech recognized". Also, I answered a call with steering wheel buttons and could not hear anything, so I switched over to my iphone then back and then I could hear the caller, but they couldn't hear me. When I plug my phone into the usb to charge, it drops bluetooth all together and does not recognize my audio. I am assuming it may be an update? Before anyone suggests the obligatory "try disconnecting/turning off/reconnecting" response, I did that, a bunch. And will probably do it more before I get to bring it back to the dealer. Spent over and hour in the car trying to figure it out. And have not been very lucky finding people with issues like this using google.

I appreciate your help and look forward to being a part of this community. It has been a long time since I was driving something that I enjoyed.

The_og_Dmoney

Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal
Thank you for that site! The iphone 8 is on that list, about half way down, but its not really in order. What I found useful is that I was able to open up a chat box with an agent and they said it is likely a software problem. Since the car is CPO, it is a dealer issue and I will just bring it back and have them fix it. Too early for me to be messing with it. I will report back when they let me know whats going on.

Thanks again for the response.