New to the forum- but not to turbo Buicks!

Yukon-inferno

Indianapolis (Geist)
2011 Regal CSX 2.0T (current) 89 Turbo Trans Am, sub 12's(Sold)
Hello all- I recently picked up an 11 csx and am perusing the available performance mods and routes to accomplish them! I'm new to this generation- I did however have an 89 Turbo Trans Am (grand national engine) that I modified fairly extensively and ran right at 12 +/- in the 1/4, though I never got it dialed in perfectly. But back then, all I had to do was adjust the wastegate to add as much boost as I could run w/out detonation! Haha- now it's a different story so I'm ready to put in the research and make some power! Any suggestions and/or help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not seeing many actual "mods" as far as intercoolers, down pipes, etc-- or maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. lol. Thanks for the help guys!

cubaniche

Buick
Welcome! Congrats on the purchase. Post up some pics when you get a chance.

**waits for member wierz11 to post his much more informative welcome message** 😜

wierz11

AZ
E92 M3, E46 330, E24 635CSi
Right on the money, Cubaniche!

Welcome! Please grab a welcome pack and enjoy your time here. Always glad to see another Regal/GS owner. First off, post some pics! If you haven't done so already, popular mods around here are:

Performance
Cosmetic

Safety

Issues (including, but not limited to)

Please, do not hesitate to post up questions or concerns that may arise with your time with the car. More likely than not, someone on here has experienced it, and may be able to help you find the solution. Buick Customer Service has several staff members who browse the forums, they are a great contact to have if you need to schedule something with a dealer, have a question, or anything else GM Corporate can help you with.

From everyone here at Buick Street Team, welcome!

cmgww

Indianapolis
Buick, Pontiac, GMC
Congrats man! I knew a guy like you way back when...he had a bad Turbo T/A when he was pretty young...but his older brother was stuck with a crappy S-10 pickup that had flaking paint and a bench seat. Not exactly great for reeling in the ladies. But oh well, the past is the past. Seriously though, I hope you enjoy your new Regal.

Yukon-inferno

Indianapolis (Geist)
Welcome! Congrats on the purchase. Post up some pics when you get a chance.

**waits for member wierz11 to post his much more informative welcome message** ��
Hahaha- well I appreciate the welcome, and wierz11 did come to the rescue with the info as you had said! Thanks and I'll definitely get some pics up shortly! :)

Yukon-inferno

Indianapolis (Geist)
Wierz that is the honey-pot of horsepower I was lookin' for! :headbang:
I definitely want to start with the performance action first- so thank you for all of the leads which will be quite helpful- as I begin to "massage" this mill and see what it's capable of! That is quite a list of goodies and I'm pretty sure I know where I'm going to start- ;)

Thanks for the welcome man!

Yukon-inferno

Indianapolis (Geist)
Congrats man! I knew a guy like you way back when...he had a bad Turbo T/A when he was pretty young...but his older brother was stuck with a crappy S-10 pickup that had flaking paint and a bench seat. Not exactly great for reeling in the ladies. But oh well, the past is the past. Seriously though, I hope you enjoy your new Regal.
Hey CMG! Oh yea?! What are the odds? They only made 1550 so they were pretty few and far-between! ;) but he must have been a pretty badass dude that hustled those that didn't realize the TTA was Not just a GTA with a 305... Haha. Thanks for the welcome, my friend- and Ill see you around :)

wierz11

AZ
E92 M3, E46 330, E24 635CSi
Haha, everyone asks about mods when they first join, I figured I'd make a centralized location in their opening post for them to reference for later use :thumpsup: We've got a few member who have taken the mods pretty far (larger turbo, forged engine swap) that are putting down some serious power, and others who are taking it easy and waiting until their warranty expires. Don't forget to post some pics up!

Get your turbo buick badge right here!