• If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense...

New to the LaCrosse world

Benzadmiral

Buick Ownership
2016 Buick LaCrosse 3.6 Premium
Hello, all,

I have returned!

I joined Buick forums back in 2014 with the purchase of my 2011 Regal CXL. That car I traded in March of this year for a BMW 328i, which I enjoyed enormously . . . for the four months I had it. In July one of this pesthole's frequent savage rainstorms flooded it: three inches of water in the passenger footwells. That was enough, in the view of Flo's Bros (aka Progressive Insurance), to total the car. At last they handed me a decent check after my payoff, so I immediately went car-shopping.

I wound up with a vehicle I've admired for a long time: a 2016 LaCrosse Premium I, garnet metallic over light neutral, with more whistles than I can count, only 34K miles and 10 months of GM warranty, and with a thumbs-up from my regular mechanic once he'd examined it. A Florida car, it came with windows tinted too darkly for my nighttime visibility and for the legal limit here, the 304 hp V-6 (currently the DIC is reporting 22.6 mpg average), and a dream ride for rotten streets more akin to cart tracks than to 21st-Century avenues. A pic or two:

LaCrosse_Interior.jpgLaCrosse_Rear_Quarter.jpgLaCrosse_Side.jpgLaCrosse_Front_Quarter.jpg

It needs a good claying, polishing, and waxing; the wheels should be repainted; and the aforementioned window re-tint.

So: What sort of gas mileage are you getting, and what oil have you been running? What's your favorite, and least favorite, feature or thing about your LaCrosse?

tombalas

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Lacrosse Leather
Welcome back! I also have a 2016. I've been getting 21 around town, and 29 on the highway. I'm pleased with those results. Love the car too. 4 years; 45,000 miles on it, and not a single problem. Dealer changed oil - Dexos I suppose. Best car I've ever owned.

Benzadmiral

Buick Ownership
2016 Buick LaCrosse 3.6 Premium
Welcome back! I also have a 2016. I've been getting 21 around town, and 29 on the highway. I'm pleased with those results. Love the car too. 4 years; 45,000 miles on it, and not a single problem. Dealer changed oil - Dexos I suppose. Best car I've ever owned.
This will make my third Buick after the Regal and a 2003 Park Avenue. Goofballs sneer at them and call them "old guy" cars. (I remark that the cruise control on mine steers me automatically to all Piccadilly Cafeterias.) To me they are "tremendous values for the money."

My favorite local dealer offers a 6-quart oil change plus tire rotation special, including on Saturdays, for $70. I'm not sure my regular mechanic can beat that even if I bring him the oil and filter. (I could; but I have no place to change oil or rotate the tires according to the manual.) So I suppose this red beast will live on Dexos synth for the near future too.

I washed the car on Saturday morning, and the hood, roof, and trunk felt rough -- as though the car had never been polished. So on Sunday I soaped the hood, rinsed and dried it, then used a clay block twice, followed by Meguiar's wax. If you touch first the roof and then the hood with your fingertips, you can tell the hood is now much smoother. It's too hot now to do the whole car, or more than one panel at a time, so the trunk is next and then the roof. A full-scale claying, polish/glaze, and wax will come when the cooler air does, about December, I figure.

That "lane-departure" electronic nanny? Turned it off. When and if I do a long trip, especially at night, I'll turn it back on. Right now I have the "Sport" theme enabled on the instrument panel, since the digital speed readout rides out ahead of me in the HUD like a little white-and-blue ghost.