New Verano owner here ✌🏻

matslp488

Verano 2.4
Hello there... I have recently acquired a 2015 Buick Verano 2.4 n/a pearl white interior loaded... car has roughly 70k miles and so far it’s been a good car... bought it fairly cheap so no complaints so far... of course being a used car it has its flaws but nothing too bad... a couple probs with the car are the clicking noise of the passenger cv axle and I have already ordered it for replacement and the fuel gauge sometimes seems to get stuck on the empty mark and takes its time to mark up when I put fuel on it.. is this a symptom of the sending unit going bad???? Any good replacement for it???any help appreciated! FD686880-A4C7-4CBC-B606-D05C0C556A41.jpeg

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
Congrats on your purchase mats and welcome to the forum! The gauge issue is either the sending unit or a problem a body control module (BCM). I'm not sure if there're fuses for the gauges; I doubt it. Did you get the Leather trim since you say it's fully loaded yet has the 2.4 engine? Looks like you have the Cashmere interior, too.

Keep an eye on your oil level; I'd check it weekly. There is a steadily growing number of complaints about Veranos burning oil plus timing chain problems with the 2.4L engine. Check the forum and you'll find them.

Overall, I've found my Verano to be the best GM car I've ever owned. I'm really disappointed we didn't get the second-generation model in North America plus some improved advertising.

Hope your journey to 100K is a peaceful and inexpensive one!

matslp488

Verano 2.4
Yes I got the leather seats and everything, sunroof, back up cam, gps etc.... at first my plan was to flip it for more but now after driving it it’s not a bad car... before the Verano I had a Chevy Cruze 1.4 turbo loaded also.. not a bad car but was already starting to give me problems with the turbo and leaking oil through the valve cover so thank God they took it off my hands... I do miss getting more mpgs than this Buick but this Buick feels stronger than the cruze and has is more loaded than the cruze...

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
You have about 40 more hp now and nearly the same increase in torque so it should feel stronger than the 1.4 in your former Cruze. Just remember to check your oil often and listen for engine noises with this car.

TIMMY14

Verano
You have about 40 more hp now and nearly the same increase in torque so it should feel stronger than the 1.4 in your former Cruze. Just remember to check your oil often and listen for engine noises with this car.
What type of engine noise shoukd I listen for??

TIMMY14

Verano
Clattering and clicking noises at idle but not any clatter at start-up, especially when cold outside. Look for oil leaks as well as checking the oil level.
At idle it's always made a like clicking noise like the sound of fuel injectors but nothing loud

matslp488

Verano 2.4
A week ago I found out what the clicking/fanning noise was... my cv joint broke and I had to replace it... found a good deal on an OEM cv axle so I replaced the whole thing....now running flawlessly

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
Glad you replaced the axle but CV joint noise can't be heard when the car's stationary. Timmy14, timing chain noises should be louder than the possible injector noises you hear.

Turbo Buick Badge