• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

New Yukon with 6 cyl Duramax appears will get better mileage then TourX

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
May get rid of the dead car running, and get a real GM replacement for the PSA vehicle.

6APPEAL

Deep South
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX 1987 Grand National
I have thought about getting rid of my 05 Chevy 2500 HD 2 wheel drive CCSB DMAX and 97 Jeep Wrangler for a 20 GMC 1500 CCSB 4x4 V6 DMAX. Logic wins out when two paid for vehicles have MUCH cheaper tag and insurance cost. Plus I don't mind getting the Jeep all scratched up going in the woods. It would be much different with a new truck.

1500cc

Ontario
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
I have thought about getting rid of my 05 Chevy 2500 HD 2 wheel drive CCSB DMAX and 97 Jeep Wrangler for a 20 GMC 1500 CCSB 4x4 V6 DMAX. Logic wins out when two paid for vehicles have MUCH cheaper tag and insurance cost. Plus I don't mind getting the Jeep all scratched up going in the woods. It would be much different with a new truck.
The baby Duramax is an inline 6, not V6.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
Ten to fifteen years ago, Europe had a fascination with diesels.
50% of their vehicles were “Stiink Pots” and 50% of those were Turbo diesels.

Now the EU has had enough. Diesel sales are way down with many cities BANNING diesels from their city limits. I used to get sick from the Diesels fumes in European cities. Only going to get worse for diesels in Europe.

Now here in the USA, manufacturers want to bring out more Stink Pots? GIVE ME A BREAK.

CTMechE

CT
Buick Ownership
'19 Regal TourX, Essence
First off, diesel has more energy per gallon than gasoline. About 16% more energy than E10 gasoline, so comparing MPG of diesels to gas cars was never particularly useful.

Secondly, diesel in the US is taxed much differently, because it was traditionally associated with commercial trucks. So a tax on diesel was largely a tax on companies, not on citizens. So while there's more energy in a gallon of diesel, there's also a higher price due to taxation, which makes the cost savings much more difficult to come by.

Diesels that meet modern US emissions specs use urea injection for much cleaner exhaust - better for the rest of us, but now there's another fill up where it'll periodically require diesel exhaust fluid. So don't forget to factor in a jug of DEF every so often into your fuel economy calculations.

Of course, if any of us really cared about cost per mile, we'd be driving a Prius...

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
LOL, I guess a diesel engine manufacturer's never fudge their specification either. The EU found out the hard way and diesel owners are now paying on a vehicle they are taxed more, limited or no access in some cities and resale value. But that is because someone finally looked at real world not perfect operating conditions. So buy a diesel and plan on dumping it before the US catches on like in 10 years or so.

landsharkmz3

For heavy duty applications, diesel is not going anywhere anytime soon. For light duty, you will see mild hybrid turbo GDI continue to trend up.

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia (with a Buick radio)
I remember looking into diesel's since those are the only ones Jaguar put a manual transmission on; by their own recommendations, diesel was a non-starter.:(

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
The new Sierra AT4 with the Diesel has been heavy in my thoughts. I've contemplated trading in both the TourX and my RAM when the lease is up next year. Would be nice to only have one payment, while still having the usefulness of both.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I put about 230 miles on the loaner wheezy buzzy 2020 Buick Encore | 5 Passenger Small Luxury SUV and I think it got the same or worse fuel economy than my TourX. Funny how a full size P/U can be better on fuel than a little Sh__Box.
EPA released the fuel economy numbers for the Encore GX (the slightly larger Encore) - with the 1.3 ltr 3 cyl (THE BIG ENGINE) AWD and 9-speed auto it gets the same fuel economy as the TourX (at least on the highway).

THANKS FOR NOTHING GM.

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
EPA released the fuel economy numbers for the Encore GX (the slightly larger Encore) - with the 1.3 ltr 3 cyl (THE BIG ENGINE) AWD and 9-speed auto it gets the same fuel economy as the TourX (at least on the highway).

THANKS FOR NOTHING GM.
That's what happens when a box is pushing air going 75 MPH hahaha. I have never agreed with the whole smaller engine equals better MPG though either. Like the Outback for example. You have to ask for full throttle half of the time to get the job done, resulting in poor economy. The Honda 1.5T was miraculous though, seemingly in all applications it's installed. I would rag on that thing and would always be surprised that it didn't slaughter my economy. So yes, thanks for a bunch of nothing GM!! No offense to any engineers in here :)

Turbo Buick Badge