• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

No front license plate bracket?

Variation

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
So I got the car from a state that doesn't require front license plate brackets, but my state does. The car has no holes or anything at the front. How would I go about installing a bracket or something so I don't get a ticket?
It's a 2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL

JFD

Buick Ownership
Buick
Hold the bracket in place, mark the holes and drill new ones. You'll have to get some push in speed nuts from the local auto shop. Get them before you drill so you know what size hole to make.

Then push the speed nuts in each hole, put bracket on and screw in place.

Variation

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Hold the bracket in place, mark the holes and drill new ones. You'll have to get some push in speed nuts from the local auto shop. Get them before you drill so you know what size hole to make.

Then push the speed nuts in each hole, put bracket on and screw in place.
But it doesn't have a bracket... That is what the question is about. Do I need to buy a new bracket or can I just zip tie the plate or just screw the plate into the car with some nuts and bolts

bobby49

Buick Ownership
Buick
This is your question:

How would I go about installing a bracket or something so I don't get a ticket?
You do not need to purchase a new bracket. You might be able to find one at a used parts yard.

bobby49

Buick Ownership
Buick
I don't have a bracket atm so do I need one or can I just drill 2 bolts in
I have no idea what a bracket atm is.

The license plate mounting bracket is three-dimensional, so it fits the shape of the front bumper into a "straight on" license plate.

Variation

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I have no idea what a bracket atm is.

The license plate mounting bracket is three-dimensional, so it fits the shape of the front bumper into a "straight on" license plate.
bracket atm = I don't have a bracket, at the moment.

bigbad614

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Dude: go to the dealer, they will install it real cheap. For the record, under the paint there are knockouts that you cannot see. I had mine done for 40 bux...

For the record, they have the brackets.

Mad*Max

Toronto
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2019 Corvette Stingray, 2018 Cadillac ATS AWD
No need for drilling holes or using screws, just get 3M double sided tape and the bracket will be going nowhwere :thumpsup:

douger

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick LaCrosse Touring
Bracket & bolt kit:
BRACKET. License Plate
Part Number: 10333992 $11.86
This fits your 2005 Buick LaCrosse
http://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.com/products/Buick/2005/LaCrosseCXL/BRACKET-License-Plate/2573603/10333992.html
That's the kit. There should be three 6mm self tapping screws in the kit to mount the bracket to the bumper.

If you look closely at the plastic bumper cover, there are tiny dimples where you drill for the screws.

Mad*Max

Toronto
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2019 Corvette Stingray, 2018 Cadillac ATS AWD
tape wont come off at all? Not even in rain or car wash or something?
never, in fact you will have to struggle to take it off, I made a homemade bracket for my Corvette and used the tape a few years ago

bobby49

Buick Ownership
Buick
There is a trick to getting 3M double stick tape to be so permanent.

First, all surfaces have to be impeccably clean. They have to be a room temperature. You apply the tape and then press everything together, and then you want to hold that pressure for a while.

Then don't run into any curbs with it.

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
Could there be small dimples in bumper cover showing where to drill? Cause you know the dealer will screw that up if at all possible. Agree with getting the right bracket, plate also slides into that (ME law also to display ft. plate). Am sure it was figured out🧐

Pedal Commander