• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

No Giddyup when in motion

AnsonJ

Fishers, IN
Buick Ownership
2010 Buick Lucerne
one of the aggravations that I have with my 2010 Lucerne is that if I need an extra shot of power to pass someone or just get going this car is severely lacking. it is decent off the line from a stop, but if it is in motion, whether it is going 30 mph or 60 mph, if I mash the accelerator it takes a while for it to do anything.

Anyone else experiencing this? car only has 91k on it, I have had it almost 3 years, bought it with 56k on it. it has always been this way.

Another annoyance... gas mileage is for crap. seriously, my 1994 Oldsmobile 88 and my 1994 Dodge Intrepid both could nail 30mpg + on the highway without any problems, both cars are large cars, the Intrepid is every bit as big as the Lucerne and it nailed 31mpg on the highway several times. I am lucky and feel extremely blessed if I get 26 or 27 on the highway and in town if I get up to 20 I feel blessed. what is with this?

the car itself runs great, no engine codes, and is probably the most comfortable car/ ride that I have had.

any clues?

AJ

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
The 3.9L should have a better performance then the 3.8L it replaced, so it's unusual to hear it doesn't. While there are TSB most would trip off the CEL, so maybe some basic maintenance may help, check and clean the TB and MAF, check and replace plug wires with plugs. Other items that may help is Chevron injector cleaner and/or Cataclean. I'll be honest that these are only available suggestions and can't say they will cure the problem(s). As a side note the Lucerne actual weight is more than the Lesabre it replaced, but has the same basic milage at 17 & 27.

AnsonJ

Fishers, IN
Buick Ownership
2010 Buick Lucerne
Air cleaner was replaced a few months ago, will try the clean the MAF and throttle body.. and yeah the horse power is rated over 200... I would think that it would have more get up and go to it. I have not done the fuel filter. will look into that. I figure the plugs and wires should be good to 100k, but it is getting close to that. (90k right now)

Any recommendations for plugs? brand? style?

AJ

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Sticking with the stock plugs and wires is never a bad idea. Can't say on your year, but on the 3.8L the fuel filter is part of the fuel pump and is not really a replacement part.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
Having a live data scanner would be the best way of going about this.
Fuel trims
O2 voltage
MAF Hz, lbs/min grams/sec
Injector pulse width and duty cycle
TCC slip
Knock regard
Timing
Air fuel ratio if possible to connect wideband O2.

But like others have said... Doing the regular maintenance things could help..
Fuel filter
Air filter
Spark plugs
MAF cleaning

Do you by any chance go to the same brand gas station ?
I noticed years ago how different brands of gas (but still the same octane rating) give different fuel economy.

Also, in colder weather all my car's drink more fuel. Sometimes a whole lot, depending on the car. In the heat of the summer my current Buick sips gas extremely slowly and gets much better fuel economy than advertised.

AnsonJ

Fishers, IN
Buick Ownership
2010 Buick Lucerne
ugh... don't want to hear about clogged cats...

going to look into cleaning the MAF sensor this weekend. @Zeroboostbuick , what would be the acceptable range for those items? I do believe that my Torque Pro app does live monitoring for those items, just not sure what numbers mean what.

Regards,

AJ

Pedal Commander